Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 I have an outsanding mortgage and a charge on my property
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jay.md
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 24 April 2012 :  08:42:25  Show Profile  Visit Jay.md's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have an outsanding mortgage and a charge (by the creditor) on my property. also there are sums of persanal loans and credit cards. I am up to date with my mortgage but am struggling with the unsecured loans. If I sell the property it will hardly pay off the mortgage amount, leaving me with charge on the property (about £15000), plus unsecured loan in the range of 30K. in such a situation what will be the best way to come of the debit. I am thinking about the Bankruptcy, will it be better to sell the house 1st and then apply for the bankruptcy or before selling the house, or there is any other option.
thanksout of the

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 24 April 2012 :  09:34:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jay,

There may be a few options, but I really suggest you contact an expert on here to chat through your situation. You can then have all your options discussed with you.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

Kelly O
forum expert

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 24 April 2012 :  10:40:44  Show Profile  Visit Kelly O's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jay and welcome to the forum,

As Viki has mentioned you have a few options.

Do you want to stay in your property or are you happy to move somewhere else?

If the property is sold or repossessed the remainder of the charge will become unsecured and then go into your bankruptcy along with the credit cards and loans.

Kelly Osadare CertDR
www.melaniegiles.co.uk

If you would like any help or advice on any aspect of your debts do not hesitate to contact me.Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles www.melaniegiles.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

april1967
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2012 :  15:35:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk and read up on unenforceable credit agreements. This will provide you with enough information to liaise with your creditors and make payments according to your budget and more importantly, prevent you from losing your home or going bankrupt.

Send me a private message if you want specific help.
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2012 :  17:42:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
April967 - posters are not able to private message you and you are not allowed to tout for business on here.

Follow through
Make your dreams come true
Don't give up the fight
You will be alright
'Cause there's no one like you in the universe

Jan
xxx
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2012 :  19:00:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
April1967, please do not suggest that people contact you directly as this is not allowed on the forum.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page