Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Hi, How long does the BR process usually take ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mazz
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2012 :  15:52:34  Show Profile  Visit Mazz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, How long does the BR process usually take ? Fees were paid in full to the company thats dealing with it last October & I still do not have a court date. A couple of times I`ve made enquiry & am told there is nothing they can tell me, I just have to wait. Do these companies hold on to your money ( or, in my case, a relatives money ) to make as much as they can for as long as they can in interest?
My income is state pension & pension credit & the longer I have to wait the more upset & worried I`m becoming re what I may lose eg: internet, which saves me a lot of time & money as I get discounts on some bills for paying by dd & being paperless & I live right out in the countryside, my car for the same reason ( worth about £300 if that & needed for visits to doctor. dentist, hospital, optitian...hardly any buses where I live) & also who gets told ie: landlord ( housing assoc ), bank ( basic a/c only, no credit card, cheques or overdraft facility, my benefit gets paid into it & my bills are mostly paid out of it by dd, this saves on going out & therefore fuel costs), BT, ( needed for internet & I could not live where I do without the security of a `phone line )how much I`d be allowed for individual expenses & how much I might have to pay for IPA. I`m getting more & more worried & nothing gets done because I can`t concentrate ! Please help if you can, thanks.

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2012 :  16:27:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI Mazz,

Your car won't be an issue as you need it. Your landlord gets told or the company you let through if you do.. When I told my letting agent he didn't care much for letting the landlord know as there was no reason.

I can't comment on the rest but they are taking way too long and they must be telling you porkies. I would be very worried and hopefully the IP's on here can advise on that one. I was bankrupt within 2 weeks of ringing the court. I just kept ringing for a cancellation. I was not due to BR until the 16th of May but mine was yesterday.

I did it myself. The forms can be sent to you by the court and they are easy to fill out. I am also on benefits so I know your fears but don't worry. The Official receiver are people not monsters. You have to have £20 a month now disposable income before you are told to do an IPA ( according to Viki)

Internet is now classed as a 4th utility so I am sure that's not going to be a problem - A phone line is a human right in law these days the same as a bank account.

Your bank account may be frozen but that's usually down to the bank not the OR. Mine was a barclays cash card account but they have taken my online banking away from me so I am going to the Co-OP who wont.

I live 20 mins from a cashpoint and I can't even see my bank account! I am furious at them and can't wait to be able to inform my bank manager where he can stick his chip and pin!

Edited by - pcoventry on 03 May 2012 16:31:41
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2012 :  16:37:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mazz,

I presume you have paid a bankruptcy assistance firm so it's very worrying that all these questions have not been answered by them, and also that they appear to have done nothing.

Call them and ask them what they do for their money, if you are not happy, ask for a refund.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

Mazz
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2012 :  19:44:32  Show Profile  Visit Mazz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, Debt Help Direct. has anyone else used them, if so how long did the process take ?

Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2012 :  20:25:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How much did you pay them and what was the fee for?

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

Mazz
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2012 :  23:08:05  Show Profile  Visit Mazz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
£1275 for all court fees & their charges

Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2012 :  23:23:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mazz

£1275 for all court fees & their charges

That's very high.. I would do as Viki advises and ask for a refund, infact demand it. go as high as you need to.

Even if you pay the £700 it's literally a 30 page form and 2 hours of your time. I only had to produce 1 copy of my stuff so I am peeved I paid £10 to triplicate it all but it's done now.

My point being that DIY is easy and £575 less!
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  07:40:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mazz,

I think you need to speak to the company and tell them you are not happy, as it seems they have not even advised you and talked about bankruptcy in details, let alone got you into court yet.

Let us know how you get on.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
Go to Top of Page

Mazz
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  12:48:14  Show Profile  Visit Mazz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your help & support guys. I rang the court today who said from application to hearing date is about a week ! Than rang DHD & the woman I spoke to just kept saying they`re very busy & I`m on the list but there are a lot of people in front of me. They will not refund their charges as they have done all the paperwork & if I get a court date myself I would be in breach of terms & conditions. I said I had spoken to other companies who said it was taking far too long & she just said "Well they would because they want your business" which was a stupid thing to say as obviously I`m not about to pay again to another company ! Meanwhile I`m being inundated with letters & `phone calls from creditors who are getting very impatient but it looks like I can`t do anything but wait.

Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  13:01:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did the company give you any idea how long it would take before you get a date Mazz?

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
Go to Top of Page

Mazz
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  13:13:47  Show Profile  Visit Mazz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, would not commit themselves at all. Have just found online a site with reviews of DHD. A lot of the reviews are not good, there are, apparently, other people who have waited or are still waiting as long as I have, 1 for 10 months !, so at least I now know it`s not just me ! These people all say DHD is all sweetness & light till they get the money then do not seem to care at all which has certainly been my own experience.

Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  22:28:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Regulator? Police? is this not classed as theft or obtaining money by deception?

They have offered you a service you've paid for but they are refusing point blank to deal with you. They aren't saying they cant they are saying they wont - that's a totally different thing. If it was me I'd record the calls - You can't use them in any hearings without their permission but i would do it just to prove it to the police or someone else that it is happening.

Make my day - send in a debt collection company on them - would love to see a bailiff take money from their till like they did with RBS :)

Edited by - pcoventry on 04 May 2012 22:29:35
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page