Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Income Payments Agreements, Income Payments Orders
 Income Payments Agreements
 Nil IPA payment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lucylucy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2012 :  17:44:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, due to a change in job which involved more travel I stopped paying anything to the OR for my IPA, I had previously paid £250 PCM (IPA) and about £450 (tax rebate) from June 2011 till Nov 2011. Since starting the new job I have been paying tax as normal and after filling in a new income/expenditure form my disposable income was only £11. I last contacted the OR in Feb 2012 and and due to be discharged in June. Do I need to contact them again or should I just wait for them to contact me? Also, and I guess I already know the answer to this one, if I am still not paying anything towards my IPA when I am discharged am I still in an agreement for the next 3 years?

Cheers

LL

LL

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2012 :  17:56:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you contacted the OR and they agreed that there is not enough surplus to resume your IPA payments you will only need to contact them again if your circumstances change.

Unless the OR actually cancels your IPA (as opposed to suspending it) you are still liable for the full 36 months and will need to advise them if your circumstances change during this time.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2012 :  18:10:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So in your case you still need to keep them updated if anything changes until June 2014, but unless things change you may not hear from them again
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page