Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Co-op stopping bank accounts for bankrupts.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2012 :  15:31:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well the overdraft is on one of their accounts and they have 4 accounts. So the basic one has everything but that and the cerdit builder

You say youd never touch a paid account - this is clearly because they want to move towards them so if all banks started charging youd have a problem no?

for me there are only a few options and with Co-op and barclays now ruled out ( co-op because I no longer trust them) I am running out of options

Edited by - pcoventry on 19 September 2012 15:32:32
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2012 :  16:29:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the credit thing pc Coventry as long as you tell the provider you are bankrupt then they are free to offer you whatever they want.

On another board I post on it has been pointed out that there are many building societies that will offer a savings account which has both a card and the ability to make direct debits etc. They usually serve a small geographical area but it is worth looking at if people are struggling for an account
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2012 :  16:56:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any chance you could let us know which ones they are debtinfo?
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2012 :  17:09:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
okay thanks for the info.

I cant take futher credit with someone who is included in my BR even if I tell them can i?
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2012 :  17:47:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why would you want to take out credit whilst BR?
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2012 :  17:54:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pc coventry - there is nothing legally stopping you, whether it is a good idea or whether the company would want to let you is a deciaion for you and for them
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2012 :  17:57:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Niobe, most of them do have a look on their websites, and but something like paying direct debits into their search bar and it will usually tell you which account in particular offers those services. As usual a bankrupt will probably have to go in and actually speak to someone in branch as often the computer/call centre people are automatically set up to say no
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2012 :  17:59:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a list posted somewhere alse so i cant vouch for its accuracy but credit to a poster called basfordlad for producing it,i recommend that people try them as and when they go bankrupt in their area and report back so hopefully we can build up a picture of the good ones etc

Bath Investment Beverley Buckinghamshire Cambridge Century Chorley & District City of Derry Coventry Cumberland Darlington Dudley Earl Shilton Ecology Furness Hanley Economic Harpenden Hinckley and Rugby Holmesdale Ipswich Leeds Leek United Loughborough Manchester Mansfield Market Harborough Marsden Melton Mowbray Monmouthshire National Counties Newbury Newcastle Nottingham Penrith Principality Progressive Saffron Scottish Shepshed Skipton Stafford Railway Swansea Teachers Tipton & Coseley Vernon West Bromwich Yorkshire Barnsley
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2012 :  18:48:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you!!
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2012 :  19:11:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Niobe

Why would you want to take out credit whilst BR?

It's a mobile contract which is cheap. Ive been paying the company £15 a month on a PAYG and would like to get more for less as everyone does. They are offering more for £7 a month.

I need a mobile as I dont have a landline and I use the local pubs free wifi for internet!

Edited by - pcoventry on 19 September 2012 19:13:48
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2012 :  21:20:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mobile contract is fine. I do have a monthly contract (courtesy of daughter) with unlimited internet access so I an access forums with no limit on data.

Try 3 - that's who I am with for the mobile. Home broadband and home phone is with Sky.
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2012 :  21:27:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was with 3 before I was BR on a contract and I included it that's why i asked. Infact I was with 3 from the day they lauched (3/3/03) until my BR. I should have kept them on but it was expensive and I am glad I didn't now

I am the same - home phone and Broadband is with Sky. I was just not sure if I could pay them being a creditor. someone else pays for Sky for me as the OR told me I could not pay them myself. I think to save the problem I will ask them to get me this under their name for now.

Edited by - pcoventry on 19 September 2012 21:28:23
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2012 :  22:01:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still have a contract with O2 (hubby uses that one) and my 3 one (courtesy of daughter as it is in her name although I pay the bill) so I can access the internet whenever I like at no extra cost.

Everything else is with Sky at home, including TV. Not BR so that might make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2012 :  22:30:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
True. I know you've been through it.

My current phone service is free and gives a decent allowance so I might just stay where I am.
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2012 :  22:46:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
3 turned me down anyway. I don't want to get it in someone elses name so ill leave be for now. Shame it was an amazing deal

I've gone back on PAYG with AYCE data.

Edited by - pcoventry on 20 September 2012 12:20:25
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page