Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Chat : bankruptcy support and keeping in touch
 br buddies
 Long time no see...6 years is up!!! 1 month to go
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

daztuz
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2013 :  12:10:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well its been a while, 6 years 10 May all done, i have learnt a lot through all this and helped a number of people through this BR business whilst i have not been on here...there are absolutely loads of us out there
I have 1 question left mind...experian say -

"The Bankruptcy order shows on your credit report for a minimum of six years from the date of Bankruptcy.

During the period of Bankruptcy, a number of restrictions apply. For example, you are legally bound to tell a lender you are Bankrupt if you are applying for credit of more than £500"

Now i ask as my Bankruptcy falls off my credit file on 11 May 2013 and all other credit reference agencies,as i am no longer legally bound to tell a lender, do i have to declare when asked "are you or have you ever been declared banrupt"

I would like to know even if a white lie was told would or could this, really be a problem, and as i am not legally bound...obviously not comfortable with lieing but my dues are paid and i really want to clear this record and put it behind me and my life straight...not that i regret it, it saved me a lifetime of problems

Many Thanks Daztuz

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2013 :  12:45:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done for coming out the other side!

If you are asked if you have ever been bankrupt then you should answer honestly as some lenders keep their own records long after they have fallen off the credit ratings.

It is, of course, totally up to you how you answer.

Make sure any defaults are removed as well.

Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2013 :  15:18:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a good feeling isn't it?!?! My 6 years is up on 29th March!

If you are asked 'Are you bankrupt?' then you can truthfully answer no. If it's phrased as 'Have you ever been bankrupt or entered into an arrangement with your creditors?' then you have to answer yes. If you don't answer honestly it would be fraud.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

The more I have to do with humans the more I think that the world would be a better place if it was run by animals.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 22 March 2013 :  08:08:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi daztuz,

As Skippy and Niobe have said, if ever specifically asked then you need to answer yes.

You are no longer under the restrictions of bankruptcy as this ended when you were discharged 5 years ago, so if needed, you can apply for credit over £500 without telling the lender (if they don't ask!)

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page