Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 my ex going bankrupt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

dawnlougib
Starting Member

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2014 :  20:56:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I posted on site yesterday but not sure if it was this one. I wanted to ask advice on if I can get into trouble. My ex partner and he was my ex at the time of doing it gave me permission to put some catalogues in his name but under my address as I couldn't do it and he wasn't giving me any money for the kids ( i have only used them for kids). He has recently informed me that he is being made bankrupt and has really scared me by saying that I may be in trouble. What I want to ask is can I get into trouble for using catalogues in his name but my address (that he doesn't live at ) even though he gave me permission and can the bankruptcy check my house for anything they can take because they are at my address but not my name. He has really worried me as have 4 children to look after.

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2014 :  21:17:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dawn,

You won't be in trouble at all. The debt (if there is one) will be in his name. Nobody will take anything from your house at all.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 25 June 2014 :  00:15:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dawn,

As Niobe has said, the catalogue is in his name so will be included in his bankruptcy, you are not liable for the debt.

Have you made any recent purchases? What's the balance on the catalogue?

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

dawnlougib
Starting Member

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 25 June 2014 :  21:27:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi thanks for messages. There are 3 catalogues one has small balance and haven't used it in ages as paying it off and the other 2 have combined balance of 900 but again these accounts haven't been used recently one was used about 2 months ago but he has only just found out is being made bankrupt and after last purchase I haven't used them since and had no intention to and definately wont now.
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 25 June 2014 :  22:42:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You should be fine Dawn - any balance will be down to him so you have no worries.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page

dawnlougib
Starting Member

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2014 :  01:36:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What should I do about the accounts as i have been paying them every month and also they are in my address but he doesnt live here
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2014 :  08:37:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once he goes bankrupt then you should stop paying them as the debt will be included in the BR. Unfortunately you won't be allowed to continue on with the accounts.

Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2014 :  09:06:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As Niobe had said, you should stop making payments and also don't order anything from them, which I know you've already said you won't. They will eventually be frozen.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

dawnlougib
Starting Member

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 03 July 2014 :  23:08:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again sorry to be a pain. My ex has informed me that unless he pays what is owed in 18 days then they will proceed with bankruptcy and he can't make the payment so that is what will happen . What do I do now? even though the accounts are in his name the monthly payments have been being made off my debit card so can I get into trouble? also do i inform companys that he no longer lives here even though he never did? and what do I do if people start coming round my house for him? should I stop all payments now? . Sorry to ask so many questions but I am really worried and I suffer anxiety and depression and this is really getting to me . dawn
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 04 July 2014 :  07:41:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dawn,

Has your ex taken advice regarding what his options are?

Who is threatening bankruptcy?

How much is his overall debt? Has he any assets?

As you know you shouldn't have his catalogue registered to your address, but it's still his debt, regardless of who's using it and who's paying it off.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 04 July 2014 :  09:02:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As Viki says - you will not be liable for the debt. If anyone turns up then you can truthfully say that he doesn't live there, although if he never has then I doubt anyone will.

Go to Top of Page

dawnlougib
Starting Member

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 04 July 2014 :  16:24:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I know he's never lived here but his name is on accounts registered at my address. It is the inland revenue making him bankrupt. just worried that if someone comes her or i stop making the payments and they ask where he has gone and I say he doesnt live here then are they not going to ask why catalogues are at my address.
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 04 July 2014 :  18:09:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

You have nothing to worry about - his name is the one on the account regardless of who has made the payments. You just have to say that he does not live there and give his current address.

Please don't worry. It is not going to affect you.

Go to Top of Page

dawnlougib
Starting Member

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2014 :  20:44:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quick question if the inland revenue are making him bankrupt as he needs to pay 13,000 in 18 days and cant do it, does he have to stop paying his creditors even though its the inland making him bankrupt. Also if its the inland revenue making him bankrupt then will all his other creditors and debts be included in the bankruptcy and ones involved in his iva, will they be wiped in the bankruptcy?

Edited by - dawnlougib on 09 July 2014 20:56:06
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2014 :  21:13:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi if is made bankrupt then all of his normal debts no matter how they are currently being paid or whatever the arrears will be included. There are a few exceptions but nothing i can see from your previous posts
Go to Top of Page

dawnlougib
Starting Member

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2014 :  21:29:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does he continue to pay his monthly creditors or should he stop paying them now or when the 18 days are up? also if the inland revenue are making him bankrupt does he need to do anything such as solicitor, paperwork from the court of who he pays or owes money to? what are the exceptions?

Edited by - dawnlougib on 09 July 2014 21:33:18
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page