Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for july
 Finance Companies and Banks
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2008 :  08:39:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My car is under finance and they have agreed to take it back due to the fact it is under SORN and not insured and devaluing every day.
They are due to collect on the 14th July but i wanted to know should I let them take it prior to bk or wait as i dont want to get into trouble with the OR.
It was easier to inform the company that we did not have the funds and that is was ready to go when they were ready.
Please advise where we stand, as im really worried that we have done the wrong thing and all i wanted was to get the damn thing out of the way and stop a reposession order on it.
What should we do. I can put them off if need be but I need to know what the state of play is.

Also LLoyds TSB are really hassling us by constant calls, letters and really getting us down, we have written to them on numerous occasions and advised situation:
on the 16th June I wrote to all compaines and advised that we dont have any available income now to pay them unlike before where we had agreed a payment and kept to that because there had been a big change in our income
then on the 1st July to ask that they refrain from any action until 1st sept so that we could get advice on the situation and we would keep them informed, this letter was to help us get the BK up and running and try and keep them off of our backs.
What should I do, should I write and tell them that I am waiting to go to BK and also tell them on the phone, what will they do if i tell them. I dont want bailiffs on my door trying to get goods etc before the BK is in place.
Please help its driving me round the bend.

Edited by - Needafriend on 07 July 2008 09:12:18

Suzanne
Average Member

United Kingdom
869 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2008 :  09:20:36  Show Profile  Visit Suzanne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi
Don't worry about the car, at least you are being proactive and getting things sorted, and it won't make any difference to the bankruptcy whether the car goes before or after.
You have no obligation to contact your creditors, and you don't need to worry about bailiffs, just remember they have no right of entry, and can only enter your premises at your invitation.

Suzanne Stocker
Bankruptcy Manager
Jones Giles Ltd
www.jonesgiles.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2008 :  09:37:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Suzanne

Hi
Don't worry about the car, at least you are being proactive and getting things sorted, and it won't make any difference to the bankruptcy whether the car goes before or after.
You have no obligation to contact your creditors, and you don't need to worry about bailiffs, just remember they have no right of entry, and can only enter your premises at your invitation.

Suzanne Stocker
Bankruptcy Manager
Jones Giles Ltd
www.jonesgiles.co.uk
Hi Suzanne
Thanks for that I was worried that because there will be a shortfall in what we will owe back that the OR will say that we should not have done it as it is favouring one company over the others but I just wanted it gone and another thing hopefully out of the way.

Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2008 :  12:53:42  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great advice Suzanne.

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page