Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 I thought it was all over, but . . .
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bearsndogs

51 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2017 :  15:14:38  Show Profile  Visit bearsndogs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
. . .it seems not!

Out of interest, I recently looked into the possibility of making a PPI claim and, after numerous form-fillings, telephone conversations etc., it transpires that I am entitled to compensation – two companies, so far, have written confirming this. They have also advised me, however, that they will be sending such compensation to the Trustees/OR/whoever as it seems that my name is still on the Insolvency Register. I was made bankrupt in December 2009 and discharged in December 2010.

However, following the sale of my property in 2013, from which the Mortgage was paid, together with relevant fees, the remainder was divided equally between myself and my husband (who was not bankrupt) and my understanding of the situation was that out of my share, the creditors would be paid – although I have never received any communication from the Trustees to that effect! In actual fact, I don’t think they have my current address, although most communication was dealt with via email but, again, no email was forthcoming.

Having spoken to one of the companies about this, they suggested I contact the Insolvency Service PPI Team who, in turn, advised me to contact someone else within that team, who should be able to give me a breakdown of how the monies were distributed. Unfortunately, at the time of writing this, I have been unable to speak to the person concerned (I have left two voicemails, but no-one has returned my calls, so can only assume they are on annual leave).

My first query is, therefore, should I contact the Trustees direct to find out if they still have a vested interest for, so far as I am aware, there should have been sufficient funds out of my share to clear all the outstanding debts? Secondly, whether or not they do still have a vested interest, do this mean that ANY monies of a substantial nature will ALWAYS have to be paid to the Trustees? Surely, if all debts have been paid, any residue should be passed back to me! What would happen if I were to win a Lottery jackpot – would that have to be paid to the Trustees? This last bit is probably somewhat hypothetical!

My second question is again, whether or not the Trustees have a vested interest, will my name be forever on the Insolvency Register? Or can the Trustees have this removed? I certainly would have thought this should have been done following the house sale etc.

I really would like some advice on this as, if I were to be allowed to have the compensations(s), it would enable me to proceed in the acquisition of a memorial bench for my grandson, who passed away just before Christmas 2013.

Sorry for being long-winded and many thanks, in advance, for your help.

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 13 July 2017 :  12:15:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you will find that it is classed as an asset, and as such will be paid to your creditors.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Lottery wins and anything else will be yours.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page

bearsndogs

51 Posts

Posted - 13 July 2017 :  13:36:06  Show Profile  Visit bearsndogs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just a quick update - I have now managed to contact a team member within the Insolvency Service PPI Team and they are looking into everything for me. Hopefully, there will be an eventual favourable outcome.

Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 13 July 2017 :  18:03:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fingers crossed!

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page