Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for july
 reducing hours
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wildberry

191 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2008 :  08:11:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, we are moving into rented accommadation two weeks after our bankrupty and at the moment I have three part time jobs one early morning, one at lunch time and one in the evening.I am looking togive up my hours at lunch time before we declare bankruptcy as when we move the amount I earn for this will not cover my petrol costs and will have no one to look after my children in the holidays .When I have to show my payslips for these jobs they all will show a higher amount of earnings as I have also worked some holiday cover in the last few months.How can I explain this and will it look as if I have deliberatly reduced my hours so not to pay ipo.

melanie_giles

1191 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2008 :  08:33:36  Show Profile  Visit melanie_giles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just explain to the examiner that you cannot keep working the long hours and are not prepared to either. They will understand your reasons for this, and at the end of the day no-one can make you go out to work.

For an informal chat about any financial difficulties, or advice as to the options available, I can be contacted via my website - www.melaniegiles.com
Go to Top of Page

wildberry

191 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2008 :  08:43:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so if I explain on the day that my pay in August is going to be less will that be taken into account or will it still be an average of what I earned in the last 3 months, just worried that I will get an ipo based on this and wont be able to afford it and I will have no up to date pay slips until the end of August to show my new earnings
many thanks.
Go to Top of Page

melanie_giles

1191 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2008 :  08:44:32  Show Profile  Visit melanie_giles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They will not include income from a job you no longer have when calculating whether you could afford to pay an IPA.

For an informal chat about any financial difficulties, or advice as to the options available, I can be contacted via my website - www.melaniegiles.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page