Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for july
 House question again
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hammy0107

399 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2008 :  09:16:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went BR 24th June, had interview, returned IPU forms (zero tax) but have not heard anything about the equity in my house. When should i expect to hear anything about their intentions with my property. On my SOA i put down £5k equity in my house (could be even less now with property prices dropping) so i do expect the OR to have an interest but when will they show their hand?????

melanie_giles

1191 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2008 :  10:08:57  Show Profile  Visit melanie_giles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why don't you give them a ring to see how they are getting on? In my experience OR staff want to get files cleared away as quickly as possible, so if you are being proactive about wanting to sort the equity out this may stand you in good stead - or you could continue to gamble on a falling property market!

For an informal chat about any financial difficulties, or advice as to the options available, I can be contacted via my website - www.melaniegiles.com
Go to Top of Page

hammy0107

399 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2008 :  12:59:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Melanie,

Hope you are well.

An hour after posting my wife called to say i had some post from.... yes the Insolvency Service. They have confirmed they have no interest in my car, that i can buy my life assurance off them for £50 and they have discussed my options regarding the house. I have contacted Allied Surveyors who did a valuation about 8 weeks ago, i have asked them whether it is in my interest to pay for a current valuation (obviously i will only do so if they suggest the market has deteriorated in the past 8 weeks). If i can get a lower valuation then i think my wife will make an opening offer. The offer will be based upon experts opinion of a falling property market and also on the basis that a forced sale will not realise any funds. Therefore the opening offer will be low and the ball will be firmly in the court of the trustee. If the offer is rejected which is probable then i will have no option but to gamble on a falling market. Will let you know how the saga unfolds.
Go to Top of Page

melanie_giles

1191 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2008 :  13:10:14  Show Profile  Visit melanie_giles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm fine thanks for asking Hammy!

This all sounds very promising for you, and do keep us informed of your progress. There will be many other forum posters watching this thread who will gain from watching what happens in your case.

For an informal chat about any financial difficulties, or advice as to the options available, I can be contacted via my website - www.melaniegiles.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page