Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for july
 Court day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rollercoaster

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 01 August 2008 :  11:15:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have put together a file with a few things that i think we may need to be immediately available to the OR (wage slips, pensions, life insurance, some bank statements, details of IVA) my question is that i have used originals, is that right or will they want copies instead??

carbsakey

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - 01 August 2008 :  13:09:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would take copies, if not for the OR then for yourself as when you have your interview they will ask questions. I sent my OR the originals & kept copies & Im glad I did as it helped a lot with dates etc. They will also require any finance agreements, details of any loans & credit card statements if you have them
Go to Top of Page

rollercoaster

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 02 August 2008 :  10:30:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 02 August 2008 :  10:45:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi RC
Yeah i have copied all my stuff so that i have these for my own info. I will give originals to the OR when they need them. I have found most of the statements and agreements and these are ready to go now.
Only 2 days till the hearing. OMG its gone quick.
I just want the next 2 days to fly by and get it over and done with.
I still reckon we will get a BRU as it looks like we have been reckless over the years even though most money has been refinanced and added to the home. i ended up sick for ages and so then the monies dropped, and then i believe the OR will say we were reckless, but i expect it and i will agree it as i think that we had made some huge mistakes and must take the responsibilties for those.
Anyhow take care all.
I found it easier to scan everything in (if you have a scanner) then printed them all of in one go. Took all day mind but at least i have my own copies now i may not need them but im a "Just incase person".
TTFN
JO

"Lifes too short, Grab it while you can, Make each day count and live life to the full. Dont Worry- Be Happy!"

Go to Top of Page

rollercoaster

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 02 August 2008 :  10:57:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that, I cant find agreements for our credit cards (weve had them all for 10 years plus) but i will dig out a few statements coz i know that most of them we cleared off in early 2007, then we ran most of them back up. Guess i am going to have to get copying but the amount i have to copy will cost a fortune. Guess i am going to have to go and get myself new ink and paper for the printer (that costs a bomb) or go to my brothers business after hours and use his photocopier (quicker coz its got a 'feed' and cheaper! OH came home yesterday a little quiet, he is worrying again coz there does not seem to be any overtime available at the job he secured. I did our income and expenditure with a figure of average overtime but know that we will cope if it drops to basic, its one of the reasons we are having to do this, i just keep telling him that it proves that this is the only thing that we can do and then we get a fresh start. I will continue this on email. RC x
Go to Top of Page

Helen030166

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - 02 August 2008 :  17:03:58  Show Profile  Send Helen030166 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

Hi, don't worry too much about the OR thinking you've been reckless, we've had our OR interview last Wednesday and to be honest it went very well, if you dont have all your statements etc. it didn't matter as they can apply for the amount they need and they are humans these ORs so they acknowledge the fact that people do live their lives and do often buy things on credit cards etc with the intentions of paying it back but then unforeseen things happen and you arnt able to - they just need you to be upfront and honest about everything with them and they will be fine they arnt out to hang you!

Thanks for your Help,Helen x
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page