Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for august
 help advice please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mobydick

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 17 August 2008 :  23:25:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
help plzs i was made bank rupt 24th june wot a relief but my brother who did it 2yrs ago says IM NOT BANKRUPT why well my TAX at work has been stoped to go direct to my insolvency advisor and ive been ALLOWED TO KEEP MY CAR which is on HP the insolvency advisor said if i could talk to the hp people and make a arrangement DO SO which i have and he is more than happy with this ALL OTHER CREDITORS HAVE NOW STOPPED
HELP ADVICE PLEASE

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2008 :  07:32:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mobydick,
Welcome to the forum!
It sure sounds like your Bankrupt, you would know if you werent, Sounds to me like a case of maybe jeaslousy or something, maybe your bro is confused as they may have changed the way its done since he went BR.
Hey dont worry, you would have the proof from the court, like you said the Tax is now Zero so put that to one side and just get on with life.
You said you were made bankrupt, was that you that declared the bankruptcy or a company, only wondering.
One of the forum experts will be along shortly but seems to me from what you have said that YES you are and to take no notice of your brother.
TTFN
JO

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it, get a brighter torch!"

Edited by - Needafriend on 18 August 2008 07:32:55
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2008 :  09:15:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have a BR order and you are on the insolvency register then you are BR!

It is standard practice to have a nil tax code and pay the tax to the OR for the remainder of the tax year, although this depends on the tax office getting around to it! Your brother might not have had to do this as it depends on when in the tax year you were made BR - for example I went BR on 29th March 2007, so there wasn't time for the nil tax code to be set up in that tax year. Once the tax year changes your code will revert to normal.

It is possible to keep your car on an HP agreement, but you will need to speak to the HP company as, once the OR has agreed to you can keep the car, it's down to them to agree.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

mobydick

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2008 :  18:39:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[qNo Id had enough of not ever knowing when i went out of the house if i would get back in THE DEBTS JUST DIDNT STOP so I spoke 2 my ex who helped me out with all the paper work and the money MY ONLY REGRET WAS WHY DIDNT I DO IT B4 THEN MY EX MIGHT NOT BE MY EXuote]Originally posted by josilverplayboybunnie

Hi Mobydick,
Welcome to the forum!
It sure sounds like your Bankrupt, you would know if you werent, Sounds to me like a case of maybe jeaslousy or something, maybe your bro is confused as they may have changed the way its done since he went BR.
Hey dont worry, you would have the proof from the court, like you said the Tax is now Zero so put that to one side and just get on with life.
You said you were made bankrupt, was that you that declared the bankruptcy or a company, only wondering.
One of the forum experts will be along shortly but seems to me from what you have said that YES you are and to take no notice of your brother.
TTFN
JO

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it, get a brighter torch!"
[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2008 :  20:13:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Mobydick,
Try not to worry your in the right place for advice.
Sorry to hear about you and your ex, is there any chance for you 2 again.
Anyhow keep posting and you will get there.
Think of your Debt free future and also how much you have learnt and not to do it again, we all have our reasons and whatever they are there is no shame.
TTFN
JO

Go to Top of Page

mobydick

United Kingdom
172 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2008 :  22:07:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NO CHANCE SHE HAS REMARRIED BUT SHE IS MY BEST FRIEND I WENT 2 HER WEDDING AND I GO ON HOLIDAY EVERY YEAR WITH HER AND HER NEW HUBBY WE ALL SPEND GOOD TIME 2 GETHER CASE OF NOT BEING ABLE TO LIVE WITH HER BUT CANT LIVE WITHOUT HER LOL
quote:
Originally posted by josilverplayboybunnie

Hey Mobydick,
Try not to worry your in the right place for advice.
Sorry to hear about you and your ex, is there any chance for you 2 again.
Anyhow keep posting and you will get there.
Think of your Debt free future and also how much you have learnt and not to do it again, we all have our reasons and whatever they are there is no shame.
TTFN
JO

Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2008 :  14:17:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey so not quite so "Having your cake and eat it" LOL
Anyhow you will be fine.
You have loads of people on here willing to give advice and share there experiences, also asking all the questions that when you think about it may feel by some irrelevant but its how we all get through this.
Take care, hope you get that special someone in your life and soon so that you can relive life to its full potential.
Jo

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page