Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for august
 What do you think of this?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Trolly-Dolly
Average Member

591 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2008 :  10:58:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just going over our SOAs (again) and this is what I have put for our reasons of getting into debt:

"My debts are a combination of personal circumstances changing and not budgeting correctly to reflect our income.
Since June 2005 we have had 2 babies which has resulted to two lots of maternity leave at £100pw. I was not comfortable with returning to work too early as I work as a long-haul air-hostess and did not want to be away from babies 3 nights at a time. My husbands work has been temperamental. He works as a labourer in the construction industry and on the train tracks and many companies he has worked for have folded with little or no warning. Despite this we continued to borrow just so that we could cope with day to day living expenses, in the hope that when I return to work things will get better and we will be able to pay. It was only when our credit ran out (not the catalogues, the credit cards) and when the 0% interest deals ended, that we realised we had a problem. We had very little money to live on let alone pay our creditors. Our plan was always to remortgage should we hit difficulties; however we could not remortgage as there was no equity and we tried to take out 3 secured loans, but failed. We then looked at an IVA, but one month in it was clear that we could not afford one. This was when (with the advice and help of Melanie Giles, IP) that we realised that we were now technically insolvent even with my return to work. A combination of being first time buyers in Dec 2005 and starting a family at the same time. had caused us to enter a debt spiral that for the first time we were unable to fix. Ironically we have very little to show for our debt as the borrowing was for living expenses (food, petrol, baby items) and not for extravagant holidays or purchases."

Any bits I should change?

You can read my blog here;

http://drowningmummy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Edited by - Trolly-Dolly on 19 August 2008 10:59:14
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page