Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Question about BR advert - Which paper etc
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

totalgav

United Kingdom
174 Posts

Posted - 30 August 2008 :  22:55:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I have posted quite a bit on the IVA forum as I am nearly 2 years in to my IVA but it looks like its going to fail as i was made redundant in July (I work in sales in housebuilding so no surprise there really) and still cant find a permanent job, or if i do i wont be able to afford the IVA anymore, so I'm just trying to get everything right in my head but one question i cant seem to answer is where abouts my BR would be advertised and what court etc.

I was living with parents when i started my IVA so it was done at the nearest court to that address (Derby) I have since moved to Birmingham and have been here 14 months now so i was wondering whether it would go through Derby as that was where my IVA was (hence then it will probably be advertised back where i lived before) or would it be put through a court near where I am now? I know I have no choice but would actually prefer it where I am now as i didnt really want to worry my parents about anything.

Not sure if anyone can answer this but thanks in advance

Gavin

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 30 August 2008 :  23:03:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Gavin and welcome to the forum!

I'm just about to go BR myself, so sorry I can't answer your question, but I'm sure someone will be along soon enough who can. It gets a little quieter than usual on here at weekends, but hang on in there and someone will advise you soon!

Take care,

CG. x
Go to Top of Page

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 30 August 2008 :  23:52:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
after 14 months since your move, the fact is your debtor's petition will show both addresses.
Therefore the chances are the bankruptcy would appear in the local press in both areas.

www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

Ian Richards

United Kingdom
296 Posts

Posted - 31 August 2008 :  08:47:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Gavin

As John as stated, probably the both, and your court will be Birmingham County.

I live just outside Birmingham, by Solihull and i'll gladly meet up with you for a chat about your BR if you want?

If you are in need of any further help or assistance, please contact me regarding my services via email.
Go to Top of Page

totalgav

United Kingdom
174 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2008 :  23:41:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ian that would be much appreciated as i'm not sure of the whole process and what I am supposed to be doing etc - you can get my email from admin if you want to thats fine

Gavin
Go to Top of Page

sueann

United Kingdom
300 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2008 :  13:16:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I moved to where I currently live 4 1/2 years ago, they placed the ad in my current and previous local papers. I didn't expect it to go in the paper where I used to live it was a bit of a shock as the OR didn't mention it to me I only found out when my sister and a friend called me to say it had appeared.
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2008 :  13:53:06  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Sueann,

Unfortunately, the timing, location and frequency of these ads is entirely at the OR's discretion.

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page