Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Handing back keys
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bc73

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 31 August 2008 :  13:18:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!My husband and I have finally,finally decided to go BR than carrying on with our DMP.
We wishh to hand back the keys after BR.I am only one month arrears on our mortgage to be able to afford fees for BR.
I havent sorted any rented accomodation as we want to migrate maybe 2nd week of October.will the mortgage company allow us to stay in our house till then?or will they ask us to move out?I havent informed them what I intend to do.please help!our appointment will be next week.
I know reading from here we need to be at least 3 months arrears before repossession takes place.but will the OR allow that?or perhaps the mortgage co if they are informed by OR that I have gone BR?Any informations will be highly appreciated.Im a bit in a panick!Many thanks!

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 31 August 2008 :  13:36:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi BC73,
I cant see why not it takes a while to get a repossesion order, you have to miss 3 payments, then it will go to court, if you dont agree a repayment plan, then a few weeks later they will go for repossesion.
Good luck
Hope i helped
JO

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"
You can read my blog here:
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 31 August 2008 :  13:37:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And the house is a secured debt and as such the OR is not really interested until the repossesion order comes in and the it becomes unsecured then gets added to the BR providing you add it into the SOA.
JO :)

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"
Go to Top of Page

bc73

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 31 August 2008 :  13:49:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks jo!so Ill just sit back and wait to go BR for now.(sigh)
also,May I ask as well pls ,I took out a loan in june.I already made two payments.and the 3rd is coming out tom.have sent them a letter that Im going BR.Should I cancel the direct debit now or leave it?will they still carry on taking money even if Im informed themm that I go BR?and will that be considered fraud as well if I only made two payments?if they took out DD tom then that will be 3 payments.will that be considered as preferential payment?as Ive informed them Im goin BR?I havent heard from the company though.i sent letter fews days ago.
thanks
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 31 August 2008 :  13:58:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi if you can i would say let that payment come out.
It would look better with regard to 3 payments on a new loan.
I dont really know if they would consider that as preferential maybe John or one of the other members could clear that one up.
Anyhow good luck.
Jo

Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 12 September 2008 :  12:10:27  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi BC73,

If you don't want to wait the 3 months, you can always perform a voluntary reposession. This is telling your lender you wish to surrender the property ... a little more in depth than just handing the keys back, but in essence the same.

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page