Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Are CAB our best bet?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Trolly-Dolly
Average Member

591 Posts

Posted - 02 September 2008 :  13:20:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To buy back the BI it says £211 is the OR fees plus your own solicitor fees. Can the CAB help us as this will be expensive but worth it?

Also, as hubby and I are seperating in a few months, I will be taking this place on on my own, the only way I can affors it is to switch to an interest only mortgage. Can I just do this? Is it straightforward? I'm in no fixed deal, just SRV.

Also as hubby is moving out, does his name need to come off mortgage? Will they allow that (by they I mean mortgage company)?

Do you think a CAB meeting is needed? I've never used them before, can they advise on these things?

Ta!

You can read my blog here;

http://drowningmummy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 02 September 2008 :  13:23:50  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi TD,

The CAB won't be able to help with this. Discuss it with the OR and I'm sure you can come to an arrangement.

As long as you're not in arrears, you should be able to make the switch to interest only. Taking your hubby's name off the mortgage would be adviseable to protect your interests, but the mortgage company may insist on a new mortgage which you won't get as you've juust gone BR. Have a chat with them and see what they say.

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 02 September 2008 :  13:26:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi TD

We rang our MC and they put us on an int only one. As for hubbys details being removed i dont know how that works, sorry.
The CAB, you could do but have you spoken to John or Julian, as they are pretty good as you know.
Give your MC a call and ask them if they can help at all and mention about taking OH's name off, see what they say.
Take care

Keep Smiling
Jo :)

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"
You can read my updated blog here:
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 02 September 2008 :  13:27:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Julian and TD
We posted at the same time. :)

Keep Smiling

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 02 September 2008 :  13:28:08  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great minds and all that ....

Julian Donnelly
Go to Top of Page

Trolly-Dolly
Average Member

591 Posts

Posted - 02 September 2008 :  13:28:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Julian (as always),
Think I may have to leave him on mortgage as I wouldnt get one on my own anyway with my salary let alone going BR!

maybe hubby and I could have soemthing drawn up with a solicitor to state that no-one makes any money from the sale of our home and that any money passes to our children? is that something that can be done?

Also (and I know I need to call Mortgage Express directly, but they are not that helpful), is hubby allowed to not live there anymore and still be on the mortgage.
What about Life assurance? I've justtried looking at the policy, but cant find anything that relates to him moving out. So many things!
Sorry!

Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 02 September 2008 :  13:32:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey TD
It is only a week and its all the things going through your head, so many things to deal with and it feels like such a strain on all.
You will get there. Do it in your own time, there is no rush. You have to be strong for yourself and also those little girls. :)

Keep Smiling

Go to Top of Page

Trolly-Dolly
Average Member

591 Posts

Posted - 02 September 2008 :  13:35:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spot on Jo
And sorry that I posted at the same time before so only replied to Julien.

Think I'll take a break now, get on with my course and after Sep 20th I'll start calling mortgage company etc (hubby doesnt move til Nov anyway).
So I'll take all your advice and just chill!!!!

Cheers guys!

Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 02 September 2008 :  13:40:32  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi TD,

As you've already gone BR, any arrangements such as placing the property in trust for your children can't be applied retrospectively, so you'll just have to suck it and see I'm afraid!

Hubby can still be on the mortgage and not live there.

Julian Donnelly
Go to Top of Page

Trolly-Dolly
Average Member

591 Posts

Posted - 02 September 2008 :  16:13:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats okay. I trust hubby alot and dont think he would stitch me up! However I'm sure he'll meet someone else eventually and she might not be so nice!!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 02 September 2008 :  16:17:01  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi TD,

Relax and I'm sure you'll be fine!

Julian Donnelly
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 02 September 2008 :  21:38:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here here,
TD you need to concentrate on you and those precious little girls.
You need to be strong and with their lovelly smiles that they will share with you each day then you can do anything.
Your SUPERMUM and to them you are their world, it is you that picks up the pieces, you that will be there when they graze their knee and you that will give them unconditional love and they will return that love right back with that beautiful saying
"Love you mummy"
They will be your rock and you have to theres.
We are here too for you no matter what, and you must make each day count. They grow so fast, you have made a very big decsion last week and it was for the best, now concentrate on you and those little ones, sod the rest.!!
Take care mate.

Keep Smiling

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page