Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Done and dusted!!! :-)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2008 :  14:26:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all!!!

Well we've done it!!!!! We're both welland truly BR now!!

Everything went ok for us. The court clerk was professional and helpful. She just took us into a corner of a large office and looked through our forms, made us swear on the bible, then took us upstairs to wait for the judge's decision. After being told they we're 'extremely busy' and that we'd probably have to wait a long time, we were pleasantly surprised when the usher called us up within 15 minutes (didn't even get to finish our yucky court coffee or see the outcome of a couple's divorce I was earwigging on! ). She gave us the forms back, all stamped and sorted. We went back down to the clerk who, after another short wait, called the OR's office forus. We spoke to someone at the official receiver's office, ian first, then me, who was lovely. She asked some basic questions (date of birth, any assets we'd listed, bank account details) and asked if we had any questions. We asked a couple of questions and she cleared up a major worry I had about the advert going in the paper, which, as some of you know, has been weighing heavily on my mind for a while, so that was a HUGE relief! We were all finished by 12 and merrily tucking into our lunch at McDonalds!

Thank you so much for your messages of support, and for answering my million questions in the run-up to my BR. Thanks to John especially, as I know he bore the brunt of my questions when we first thought of BR. I've already tried to help lots of you in the past with my limited knowledge of BR and I absolutely plan to stick around and do the same for lots more people going through the BR journey, but now with experience on my side too!

Thanks once again everyone, and to all of you who haven't been to court yet, PLEASE don't worry. After all my frantic reading of this forum I actually didn't worry to much about court itself and I was right not to-it was ABSOLUTELY FINE!!!

Loads of love,

A very relieved CG and ians! xx

PS. I am SOOOOOOOOOO glad I missed all the cafuffle (sp?!) about working for a Local Authority as I might just have had a heart attack!! Thanks Maizie honey for your reassurance-I saw that before I started to panic!!

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2008 :  14:30:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done CG and Ian.

Im glad its all over for you now. Enjoy the start of your debt free life.

Jo x

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"

For links to help with Bankruptcy, useful web pages and also a run down of my new debt free life, both before and after Bankruptcy, then please visit my blog:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2008 :  14:34:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yaaaaay shes back! Im so glad everything went ok my sweet. Hoping everything was ok with regards to advert, on my email if you want to talk about it.

Onwards and upwards! Funny I had a celebratory maccie d's too! x

Maizie
Go to Top of Page

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2008 :  14:58:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi CG & ians

I'm really pleased everything went so well.
Almost everyone says the same after court but for those that have yet to take the plunge I doubt it matters how many times they read it it will always strike a degree of fear in them.

Well that parts over now for you two and your examiner, I'm sure, will be no different in interview than she was on the phone today.

Take care both and keep on posting.

www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2008 :  18:19:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all. Maizie I WILL get round to emailing you soon-I promise!!

John-the lady we spoke to at the OR's office wasn't an examiner, I don't think, because when we asked her a couple of questions, she said we'd have to discuss that with our examiner. Does that make sense? Who would we have been talking to then?

Also, I forgot to tell you before we nearly didn't get to court at all!!! We had got all the forms ready to print yesterday and after work we drove the 80 mile round trip to ian's parents' to drop our little one off for the night, and planned to printthe formswhen we got home. We didn'tget home till after 9, turned the laptop on, and....NO INTERNET!!!!!!! Aaaargh! We panicked like mad, spent ages on the phone to the service provider, then ian had to go to the 24 hour Tesco at 11pm to buy a new wireless router!! It took ages to install and set up and the upshot was that ian didn't get to bed till 3:45am!!!!

The moral of the story: don't leave your forms till the night before to print them off! Haha.

Take care all,

CG. x

(Oh, and to top it all, when we parked in the multi-storey carpark near the court this morning, ian bumped into a concrete post scraping the car!! Eventful couple of days!! Tee hee!)
Go to Top of Page

harbourmaster

346 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2008 :  19:05:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi CG
I left the printing of our forms till last night as well. The printer ran out of toner so had a bit of a panic as well. Luckily after a bit of a shake it managed to last until we printed the final copy. Not only that I ended up with only 5 sheets of paper left. I agree that no-one should leave the printing until the night before. We spoke to 2 people at the OR's office the administrator first who said she will be our first port of call and gave us her direct line number and we also spoke to our examiner who we are meeting on monday.

Edited by - harbourmaster on 10 September 2008 19:39:21
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2008 :  19:22:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooooh good luck for Monday HM!! Apparently we'll hear from our OR within 14 days. They do cover a really big area so I suspect they'll be really busy.

Make sure you let us know how you get on!

CG. x
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page