Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 OR interview on Thursday!!! Gulp!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  10:55:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have my OR interview at 10am on the Thursday... is there anything I need to do beforehand so I am prepared? I have all my bankruptcy documents etc... unfortunately I have no copies of credit card statements or loan agreements because I didn't have them but I have my 12 months bank statements.

Maizie

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  11:24:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Maizie
A large V&T.
No seriously the OR would have said what they would have needed from you just have the SoA and a glass of water with you, be somewhere quiet whereu cant get disturbed and just answer to the best of your knowledge.
Good luck

Jo x

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"

For links to help with Bankruptcy, useful web pages and also a run down of my new debt free life, both before and after Bankruptcy, then please visit my blog:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  11:25:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Maizie

Is that a face to face or telephone one.
My reply was aimed at the telephone one if its face to face 12 months statements will be fine, dont worry about agreements if the OR wants anything else they can obtain it.

Jo x

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"

For links to help with Bankruptcy, useful web pages and also a run down of my new debt free life, both before and after Bankruptcy, then please visit my blog:

Go to Top of Page

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  11:27:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Needafriend

Its a telephone one! I don't think I am going to sleep Wednesday night!

Maizie
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  11:33:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Maizie

I think the OR interview was the worst bit for me in the end, but it was not as bad as what i thought.
Mine seemed quite nice made me feel relaxed, it as 1hr 20mins and i thought i would cock it up but it all went ok.
When that bit is over you will be well on your way to your new future and i am so glad that you have come through so well.
Try not too worry to much, the SoA states what they need to know, when it comes to what did you spend monies on like for me it was mainly my house and general living.
So i dont really have a lot to show for the amount of debts we had, sad really as i look back and think how the hell did we get into this mess.
Dont panic, try not too worry, by midday latest on Thurs it will all be over and yes you may still have the odd call we do but the main part is over, they are not putting you on trial or going to judge you they just need to clarify the SoA.
Good luck mate.

Jo x

Go to Top of Page

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  11:36:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much for your kind words, funny thing is I know I will be fine but I can't help worrying!!!

Maizie
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  11:38:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know Maizie its weird. Have a great day today and let us know on Thurs how it all went. :-)

Jo x

Go to Top of Page

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  11:38:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will do! x

Maizie
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  13:44:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi honey!

Not long for you now, is it? Hang on in there, try to do lots of nice things to take your mind off it till then.

I'll be thinking of you on Thurs and sneaking onto the laptop at work to check how it's gone.

Take care hon.

C. x
Go to Top of Page

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  14:35:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks petal!!!! xx

Maizie
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  14:38:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey you!

How are you hon? Working hard? :-)

It's my afternoon off today so I'm just catchig up with the boards while my little one's having his nap. Enjoying some mini chocolate doughuts too! :-0

Want one, anyone?!Hehe.

C. x
Go to Top of Page

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  14:45:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im good thanks my sweet... had a stressful morning at work and now trying to chill out a bit... got a banging headache, nothing that a glass of wine when I get home won't sort out! x

Maizie
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  14:47:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hehe. I bet you're not drinking enough (water, I mean, NOT wine! hehe). I always get a headache at work cos I forget to drink enough during the day.

C. x

PS. Get me! What do I think I am, Dr C now too?! Haha!
Go to Top of Page

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  14:49:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol has a certain ring to it!!!! x

Maizie
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  14:53:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha.

How've you managed to get time off for your interview hon? Have you had to take time off? I'm worrying about that, cos I can't really get time off in my line of work!

C. x
Go to Top of Page

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  14:57:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I confessed all to my bosses and they were amazing. I felt I had to really because the doctor put me on anxiety tablets because I have been getting alot of migraines so felt it was best they knew. I cried alot and they made me lots of cups of tea and gave me tissues!!!

So basically I have told them when my interview is and that I won't be coming in for the rest of the day and they said they understood!

If you haven't told your boss then maybe book it as a holiday or tell them you have a dentist appointment or something? x

Maizie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page