Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 bankrupt this morning and now a summons
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  22:55:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi veryworried
all I will say is that Jacqui's legal troubles are not all to do with BR. It's totally clear to me that she is innocent of what she is being accused of and it is not BR related so don't worry about your BR being criminally associated, it's a civil matter.

www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

jacqui37

178 Posts

Posted - 18 September 2008 :  14:52:53  Show Profile  Visit jacqui37's Homepage  Send jacqui37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thanks Paul that was nice
quote:
Originally posted by pauldt

Jacqui
I am facing some **** too at the moment all I can say is stay true to yourself and share your feelings with whoever will listen who you have confidence in. I saw my counsellor today and she said a very poingnant thing today and I wrote it down.... 'we live what we think....'
so with all that in mind think about your innocence in the criminal case and regarding the br you have tried you accept you have made some decisions which have led to br.....now make a decision to think about what you have and who you are in a positive way and hold onto something very special and cherish it.....
paul

Go to Top of Page

jacqui37

178 Posts

Posted - 18 September 2008 :  14:57:54  Show Profile  Visit jacqui37's Homepage  Send jacqui37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hi what its all about is when my marriage broke up 5 yrs ago i was a single mother on benefits un fortunatly, well i eventually got myself together and met a fab chap 2 yrs ago, well only march this year i let him move in with his kids so we are one BIG happy family, well whoever tried to get me in trob and told dwp we were living together before that, its ludicrus because they claim he lived here when i hadnt even met him, well 18mths down the line they are now trying to do me for criminal fraud, thats basically the story, but suffering with bipolar its hard to cope at times.
quote:
Originally posted by veryworried

Hi Jacqui, Sorry to be asking this, its just that I am considering going BR soon, and I have only just read all your posts on this subject, what exactly is it that they are prosecuting you for? I always thought that BR was not a criminal thing so I am a bit curious.
Sorry to be asking this, but it sounds as if you were feeling beside yourself and I am glad that the help on here has made you feel calmer.
Take care.

Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 18 September 2008 :  16:04:28  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jacqui37,

Surely a search of the electoral register should confirm his address history so you can put this wholse sorry mess behind you?

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

jacqui37

178 Posts

Posted - 18 September 2008 :  16:15:04  Show Profile  Visit jacqui37's Homepage  Send jacqui37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
not realy as he was moving around familys homes (a large family) as his ex wife had kicked him out so he didnt register anywhere, but all his family have given evidence of this
quote:
Originally posted by JulianDonnelly

Hi Jacqui37,

Surely a search of the electoral register should confirm his address history so you can put this wholse sorry mess behind you?

Julian Donnelly

Go to Top of Page

Almost there

United Kingdom
288 Posts

Posted - 18 September 2008 :  16:43:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am so sorry to hear that Jacqui, there are some really viscious people around and all I can say is that I wouldn't have thought from what you have said that there would be any case to answer, and it is absolutely clear that there is no evidence to support this allegation. Sorry to have asked you, but I was curious and worrying about everything at the moment. I certainly wish you well, good luck.x

I also have a question for the forum, as mentioned previously I took on a £10,000 loan in July, the first repayment starts in October,I used it to pay off my credit card and overdraft, although I am now going overdrawn again. John, you advised me to make at least 3 months repayments before declaring BR, and I will take your advice, but, this money was borrowed from the Halifax to pay off a Halifax overdraft and Halifax credit card, so it has all gone in the same pot. Bearing in mind with what is happening with the Halifax at the moment, would you still give me the same advice. I am also still worried about the fact that I have had to borrow quite a bit of money on my cards to do various repairs to the house and to buy items to replace the ones that have worn out, cooker, fire, kitchen units etc. I am worried that the OR will see this as reckless and have me prosecuted for fraud. None of the money has been spent on luxuries by the way, I suppose to many customers like me has caused the problems that the Halifax have had. I have also not used my cards for over a month now having cut them all up.
Your advice would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Sandie
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 18 September 2008 :  17:21:26  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Sandie,

Sespite the fact this loan is with an existing creditor, it is a new agreement so you'll need to make at least 3 payments. I wouldn't worry about fraud as you've done nothing the OR hasn't seen many times before.

Julian Donnelly
Go to Top of Page

jacqui37

178 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2008 :  11:27:54  Show Profile  Visit jacqui37's Homepage  Send jacqui37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hi just to let you all know it is still in the hands of my solicitor hopefuly i will hear from her next week sometime, sleep and appitite are down the pan as i dont seem to be able to achieve either at the moment, if it does go to crown court how long do you think it could all go on for? thanks for listening all , very anxious Jacqui x
quote:
Originally posted by veryworried

I am so sorry to hear that Jacqui, there are some really viscious people around and all I can say is that I wouldn't have thought from what you have said that there would be any case to answer, and it is absolutely clear that there is no evidence to support this allegation. Sorry to have asked you, but I was curious and worrying about everything at the moment. I certainly wish you well, good luck.x

I also have a question for the forum, as mentioned previously I took on a £10,000 loan in July, the first repayment starts in October,I used it to pay off my credit card and overdraft, although I am now going overdrawn again. John, you advised me to make at least 3 months repayments before declaring BR, and I will take your advice, but, this money was borrowed from the Halifax to pay off a Halifax overdraft and Halifax credit card, so it has all gone in the same pot. Bearing in mind with what is happening with the Halifax at the moment, would you still give me the same advice. I am also still worried about the fact that I have had to borrow quite a bit of money on my cards to do various repairs to the house and to buy items to replace the ones that have worn out, cooker, fire, kitchen units etc. I am worried that the OR will see this as reckless and have me prosecuted for fraud. None of the money has been spent on luxuries by the way, I suppose to many customers like me has caused the problems that the Halifax have had. I have also not used my cards for over a month now having cut them all up.
Your advice would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Sandie

Go to Top of Page

Almost there

United Kingdom
288 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2008 :  12:05:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jacqui, so sorry to hear of your problems, and apologies for hijacking this particular thread with my question earlier this week. I do hope that your solicitor will be able to advise and put your mind at rest, things aren't always as bad as you may think they are so keep positive, (difficult I know), perhaps a visit to your doctor would help. One thing I have found on this forum is that everyone is so supportive and it has helped me to know that I am not alone. Jo has been wonderful too.
Take care
Sandie x
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2008 :  13:02:36  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Sandie,

We believe that the emotional support is every bit as important as the technical advice given. Nice to see the forum developing into such a close-knit conline community!

Julian Donnelly
Go to Top of Page

jacqui37

178 Posts

Posted - 22 September 2008 :  10:46:35  Show Profile  Visit jacqui37's Homepage  Send jacqui37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hi thanks this forum has been very supportive, no doubt i will be going through this crap for a while so you will all be stuck with me a bit longer, i am currently seeing my doctor each week and my consultant every fortnight, if i took any more meds i would rattle, but hopefully this court case wont take too long (i hope and pray) then maybe i can get some normality in my life again, will keep you posted on progress as and when it happens ok, my first court hearing is on 16th october at 11am gulp!!!!!!!
quote:

Hi Sandie,

We believe that the emotional support is every bit as important as the technical advice given. Nice to see the forum developing into such a close-knit conline community!

Julian Donnelly

Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 22 September 2008 :  14:12:41  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jacqui37,

We'll be here when you need us!

Julian Donnelly
Go to Top of Page

jacqui37

178 Posts

Posted - 25 September 2008 :  13:57:44  Show Profile  Visit jacqui37's Homepage  Send jacqui37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
only me again, if i am unable to be decl;ared br on the court amounts that im about to deal with, what will happen to the other 2 debts that i did go br on, i went for them all at first as you know but then got my summons but the other two were credit cards to the value of just over a grand, will that be cleared or does it have to be certain amount? trying not to worry but getting confused due to the court case, all over the place again today, tabs have been put up by doc, but now i just seem to be worrying about everything again, very tired and confused Jacqui x ally posted by JulianDonnelly[/i]

Hi Jacqui37,

Julian Donnelly
[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

jacqui37

178 Posts

Posted - 29 September 2008 :  13:01:46  Show Profile  Visit jacqui37's Homepage  Send jacqui37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hi well tommorrow i have my or interview via the phone, i have already spoken to her. my or, she seems realy nice so im not too scared, i have told her of the situation and she cant see how they can go ahead with this prosecution whith such lack of evidence and also with me being bankrupt, so many people have helped me through i just hope my bubble doesnt get popped again, as i am now becoming more positive, well like i said my or interview is tomorrow at 2pm, eeeeeck!!!!!!! i will let you know how it goes ok, thanks Jacqui
quote:

Hi Jacqui37,

Julian Donnelly

Go to Top of Page

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts