Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 now i have settled down a bit......
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

andrew.m

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  10:44:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i will outline my day yesterday:
i arrived after a huge traffic jam at 10am, appointment was for 10.20am, i checked the court board and i wasnt on it, yikes.
i went onto the 2nd floor and knocked on the door of the insolvency office, they checked out my paperwork, helped where appropriate and i signed many many times. really nice guys
i had an hours wait so grabbed a spot of breakfast and marvelled at all the chavs that were tracksuited up.
the judge was due to hear me at 12.00pm, there was 4 of us in the same boat and we were heard individually.
i was second up... the judge was a real old fart and acted very off hand (he was like this with everyone), he hadnt read my SOA and seemed to scan on the "hop", he asked why had i not seen a solicitor if i had an interest in the house i had with my partner (i wasnt on the mortgage), i had helped with renovations but that was in 2000-2001, the law states that they can only go back 5 years to deal with any property gifted, if he had read my SOA he would have realised this.
he then made me BR, i wasnt asked if i had any further questions and was dismissed, i the went back to the insolvency offices along with my "co-accused" and awaited my paperwork, we all wished eachother luck and moaned what an old git the judge was.
it was only later i realised why the judge was off hand with me.
i had wrote in my reasons for debt that i had spent 45 to 50000 on home improvements, it was a typo, it should have been 4.5 to 5000, maybe even less, this will be the 1st thing i address with the OR, i hope he understands!!
all in all not too bad but please dont treat it lightly as a walk in the park, it brings a lot home when you are in the chambers with the judge.
i will happily answer any questions you may have.
andrew m
x

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  11:42:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Andrew

Im glad that your feeling better today, after a goods nights sleep and a bit of thinking about what you had written on the form.
It makes me wonder when these judges read our SoA to what they do actually read, oh well thats all done now and as i always say there is a light at then end of the tunnel.
I hope that from now on that you wont worry so much and that you will enjoy your new lease of life. Enjoy it, its strange esp when it first happens, but over time it is the best feeling ever, i can say i have no debts, well the mortgage but im completely debt free, i see my sister who is riddled with debts and wondering how she will pay and think that was me a few months ago, now i have a smile on my face and colour in my cheeks and i am a much happier person, my life is not run by debts now its run for me by me! :-)

Enjoy it!

Jo x

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"

For links to help with Bankruptcy, useful web pages and also a run down of my new debt free life, both before and after Bankruptcy, then please visit my blog:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

andrew.m

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  12:52:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i had a call from northern rock and i let them know my BR number, they have since called twice and asked about my arrears!!
Jo, did you send letters and where did you get the address?
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  13:53:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Andrew

What do you mean send letters to who, the creditors as no i did not i just called them.
And what address are you refering too.
Thanks

Jo x

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"

For links to help with Bankruptcy, useful web pages and also a run down of my new debt free life, both before and after Bankruptcy, then please visit my blog:

Go to Top of Page

andrew.m

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  15:07:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi jo,
i thought you posted off letters thats all
Go to Top of Page

366 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  15:30:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Andrew,

Just read your thread.... if you are receiving letters from your creditors then you need to forward these on to your Official Receiver once you have been assigned one.

You can find out their address (if you dont have it already) by going onto the insolvency register and looking yourself up and the details will be on there.

Hope that helps.

You shouldn't have any contact with the creditors now, it is the OR's job to deal with them now.
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  15:54:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Andrew

My OR asked for the letters that only looked like other action would be taken, as i was posting everything down to them.
She them said not to worry as they are dealing with them, i did phone all my creditors and informed them about the BR on the day we did the deed.
The address for the OR is also on the BR letter that the court gives you with your court number and the date etc.
Good luck

Jo x

Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  16:17:55  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Andrew,

Congratulations on your first step to a new debt free life.

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page