Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 back on line
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

soscared

United Kingdom
229 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2008 :  19:53:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi its a while since i last posted. tried again to work things out with my ex but the relationship is def now over.

i have now moved into my rented house and have the forms to complete for bk. got a date for 2nd october. just one or two questions.

last month end of aug when i got paid i tansfered my salary from our joint acc to a friends account who withdrew the money for me (this was because i was unsure if my ex partner at the time would withdraw the money from the account) out of that salary of £1160 i paid £800 bond and 1st mths rent, food and living expenses i also withdrew £70 DLA which i used to pay for petrol. When i get paid nxt friday i am planning to withdraw the whole of the £1160 to pay for rent, bills like ctax water elec gas etc and pay for bk fees. my ex partner has then asked me to transfer the whole of his £25oo salary to his sole account with another bank (as i am the only one with internet access to do the transfer) as he has left it too late to stop his wage being pain into the joint account. My question is will this be a problem with the OR. (got back for a wk with my ex partner, who did not pay any bills last month from his salary - he was living in the joint property we have a mortgage on but has now gone to live else where)

also i have opened an account with the local credit union which i have not yet used. was planning to tell the or that it is a new account in my sole name to use after br.. or will this account also be frozen and should i then open one once i have been made bk.

got the forms friday had a quick look at them and freaked they seem so complicated. decided to leave them in the envelope and look at them next wk so expect plenty of questions to follow. Thank god i now have access to you guys.

sorry to waffle but my minds doing overtime

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2008 :  20:10:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi soscared

nice to see you back amongst friends and sorry to hear your reconciliation attempts didn't work out.

The use of a 3rd party account for the legitimate reasons you have listed is perfectly acceptable to the OR.

I would open an account just after BR although some banks are ok with it all if you tell them in advance what your plans are.

www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2008 :  20:48:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi soscared and welcome back! :-)

Just to add to what John said, we got our co-op accounts before BR and they haven't been frozen. We told them when we applied that we'd be going BR and they told us the accounts wouldn't be frozen. We called them the day we went BR and gave them our BR number etc and again they said they wouldn't be frozen. So far they've kept to their word.

Also, with regards to the forms, have you thought about filling them in online? I did (both mine and hubby's!) and although it took a while it was relatively painless. Things did need to be altered and amended and I couldn't have faced all that rewriting and starting again after each mistake if I had done them by hand!

They are online at www.insolvency.gov.uk

Take care and keep posting!

C. x
Go to Top of Page

soscared

United Kingdom
229 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2008 :  21:50:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank bankruptc

unfortunately my printer packed up so i will have to complete them by hand, i am just going to go thro them 1 section at a time and will no doubt have plenty of questions this wk. i am just worried about not completing something correctly and th BK clerk at the court throwing them out. i think the problem is the wording on some sections
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2008 :  21:54:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're here to answer your questions-you'll be fine! :-)

C. x
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page