Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Marks & Spencer - What are they up to !!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

movin on
Average Member

United Kingdom
946 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  11:56:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received a nasty letter from M&S today so i called to let them know i am going BR and what date my appointment is.

Just before putting the phone down he asked me if i was still a homeowner and i asked why he wanted to know - he made up some ridiculous story about me struggling then he can give me a number for advice on mortgage arrears. i told him this had nothing to do with my loan and made it clear that i do not pay the mortgage and it was only my debts that were causing problems.

Has anyone else had this from crediors and it sounds like they are going to try and put a charge on the house ???????????

Jenny
xx

The weights are coming off my shoulders very slowly, but making such a big diference !!

movin on
Average Member

United Kingdom
946 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  12:01:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also....how long does it take to put a charge on the house ??

Im very worried now

The weights are coming off my shoulders very slowly, but making such a big diference !!
Go to Top of Page

digman

United Kingdom
319 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  12:17:20  Show Profile  Click to see digman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi Jenny ,
Dont worry , there is not enough time for them to put anything on your house . From what i understand they have to give you notice of default and give you time to pay , then it goes to a court who then give you time to reply to them ( think 21 days but dont quote on that ) , so as you se no time at all .
Hope this helps ,
Andy .

1 more day to go for us --- BR tomorrow !!!
Go to Top of Page

movin on
Average Member

United Kingdom
946 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  12:30:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Andy

Thanks for the reply - so how you feeling for the big day?

Im very worried and ashamed that i cannot afford to pay back, however feeling quite relieved that it is all going to be over soon. i am sure this time tomorrow you will both feel a little lighter!!

I didnt realise there was a process they had to go through first - i thought they could just apply (and seen as im going BR on 13, then there really isnt time - i hope)

Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  12:31:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi MW

I would not worry it can take a few weeks to get a charge in place.

They dont have the time now as its only 11 days.

Good luck to you and keep posting.

Jo x

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Needafriend's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

movin on
Average Member

United Kingdom
946 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  12:34:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jo

Thanks very much - i really thought it was an immediate thing.....big sigh of relief......

I think i just had a massive panic for no reason, but yet again there is always someone here to turn to

Thanks again

Jen
xx

Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  13:02:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi ya MW

I am so glad that your starting to get there. It will all come good in the end. Honestly and just ask away.

LoL

Jo x

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Needafriend's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page