Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 SAO and Fix and Fit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

huntersrishon

189 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2008 :  09:11:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All

Could anyone please tell me what you put on the SAO form for fixtures and fittings?? I really do not have a clue. I am sure as I keep ploughing through it I will have loads more to ask.

I have put down 400 for houskeeping, that includes pet, me, oh and daughter. Our daughter is 19 and at uni but living at home - will there be an issue with us supporting her. We onlt support her with food, electricity, gas , and a roof over her head up till now.

Dee

got there

United Kingdom
461 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2008 :  09:15:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dee
I havent put anything on Fixtures and fittings think people have said previously unless you have any antiques etc not to put anything down in that. Hope you are well, have you had any more calls??

take care x
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2008 :  09:19:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi i did not put anything down for fixtures and fittings as they are all household items worth less than £250 each now.

Hope that helps too

Jo x
Mother Hen

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

huntersrishon

189 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2008 :  09:35:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mother hen, thanks Gettingthere.

I was really confused over this bit. I am glad I asked cos I am sure the CAB said put 500 in there, they also did not mention the possible mortgage shortfall to go in unsecured section.

Thanks Dee
Go to Top of Page

got there

United Kingdom
461 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2008 :  09:38:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dee

my personal experience of my local CAB are they are as useful as a chocolate teapot in a sauna lol, have you had anymore calls from advantage??

x
Go to Top of Page

huntersrishon

189 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2008 :  09:41:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Gettingthere,

No more calls YET!! What about you?? Did you say they did not have your number?? Any letters yet?? I think you may be right about CAB they are good with some bits but not all. The experts are here on this forum. What date are you going BR. We are going to try and hold out till end of month.

Dee
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2008 :  09:42:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi i second that about the CAB not all but my local CAB mine were as useful as a chocolate fireguard. LOL

Jo x
Mother Hen

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

Edited by - Needafriend on 05 October 2008 09:43:39
Go to Top of Page

got there

United Kingdom
461 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2008 :  09:52:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dee, no they dont have my number and no letters yet, am expecting one tommorrow lol. Going BR on the 17th so a week Friday so scary when you say it like that. Have you actually booked your date at court then? I booked mine just after August BH and first appt was 17th Oct lol.

Yes Jo, cant say that all CAB's are the same but that my experience, the advice on here is far superior.

take care x
Go to Top of Page

huntersrishon

189 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2008 :  09:55:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Gettingthere not booked it yet, going to book it this week for 21st or 23rd October. They only do it on a Tuesday and Thursday. CAB said there is not much of a wait(Ihope they are right)

Dee
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2008 :  09:56:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi i found this site helped me more after speaking to my CAB, they tried to help me but when i mentioned about the forms and online they knew nothing about them. But saying that my local court had not seen the forms done online before until we took ours in.
So we were the first. :-)
Good luck mate, you will soon be debt free and well on your way to a new life.
LOL

Jo x
Your Mother Hen :-)

Go to Top of Page

got there

United Kingdom
461 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2008 :  10:05:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dee, you maybe okay then, my CAB didnt have a clue said i needed to ring the Court. Which court would you come under.
Go to Top of Page

huntersrishon

189 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2008 :  10:25:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi gettingthere. Weymouth, Dorset. What about you??

Dee
Go to Top of Page

movin on
Average Member

United Kingdom
946 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2008 :  10:26:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have got to add this ....

DO NOT take advice from the CAB, I agree with jo, they are as much use as a chocolate fireguard. I have found more info and advice from this site than the whole team at CAB could offer.

I too have not put anything for fixtures and fittings, and obviously do not own any one item of particular value!!

Take care

Jenny

xx

The weights are coming off my shoulders very slowly, but making such a big diference !!
Go to Top of Page

got there

United Kingdom
461 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2008 :  10:36:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dee, i'm in Stourbridge, west mids. Came to Weymouth in July lovely part of the country. You're lucky having a beach close by, the kids loved every minute as weather was kind to us lol. x

take care - will let you know when my first letter arrives - admin still havent done anything about exchanging emails. heres hoping x
Go to Top of Page

bang up

58 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2008 :  11:30:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi huntersrishon

i'd be really interested to know what the examiner says about your daughter.

i was interviewed recently and he wouldn't allow anything for my 18 yo daughter at university. i do accept some of what's been said to me but i can't see how a young girl still living at home can be a full time student and work full time at the same time. also, i don't feel a loan is an income and in any case most of her student loan has gone / will be spent on essential stuff for university.

she is aware of the situation and is now talking about quitting university so she can help me. i think that's a great gesture but the country doesn't have enough doctors and obviously i won't allow her to do quit because of me, but at the same time i don't know how i'm gonna feed her etc. the pressure is enormous
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2008 :  11:39:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Bang up

I certainly hope that you can get through this like you have said it would not be fair on her leaving her course just because of her parents mistakes even though she sounds like a model daughter and only has your best interests at heart :-)

It must be so hard for you at the moment not knowing which way to go, which road to take, but rest assured this will get sorted out for you.

Dont give up mate, i know its no consolation but as many have said the OR thinks that a lot of students help with there study fees by working weekends and evenings to make up there monies, i know when i was at uni i did just that.

You will find a way to get through this i know you will. Be strong.

LOL

Jo x
Your Mother Hen :-)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page