Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 QUESTION 3.3 SOA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2008 :  16:21:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No worries at all, I know how hard it all is! :-)

OK I've put it all into the calculator and you shouldn't get an IPA IF everything's allowed as I put it. If the OR brings housekeeping and clothes down, your hubby could be looking at an IPA.

Do you have the bills to show gas, elec and water at the prices you put originally?

C. x
Go to Top of Page

poopedmass

United Kingdom
229 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2008 :  17:38:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gas and electric is £100 and water is £50, just dug the info out, got it all on our bank statements.
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2008 :  19:08:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again,

In that case, put it down as that. They may ask for evidence, which you've got, or they may just let it through.

Hope that's helped a little now. If you want to redo it and put it up on here again, just to see if we're singing from the same hymn sheet, that's fine.

C. x
Go to Top of Page

poopedmass

United Kingdom
229 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2008 :  20:18:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
need to add vet fees too, that is about 150 a year, what about the internet? my little girl needs it for homework and my husband needs it for work. x
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2008 :  20:59:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Internet usually isn't allowed, unless you work using the internet. Children's use will be questioned as they could use the library or school etc. As your pet insurance will probably be seen as high, I'd be surprised if they's let you have vet's bills on top of that.

Some of the other things I mentioned still apply, of course, hairdressers for example, and I'd be surprised if you'd be allowed healthcare as well as prescriptions. We were allowed £24 for opticians and dentist combined. You may get lucky with a generous examiner, so see how you get on.

C. x :-)
Go to Top of Page

got there

United Kingdom
461 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2008 :  21:05:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi BC

Regarding kids internet access government are looking at investing (probably at the cost of the tax payer lol) millions into making sure low income family have internet access at home for kids. I am more than willing to argue this one with examiner but havent put it down at internet just phone £55.

Your advice is invaluable - keep it up glad you got things sorted with John x
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2008 :  21:14:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww thanks gettingthere,

I agree about the internet thing (I'd die without it!), but as a teacher I know the kids can use the school computers before school, after it, and at break and lunch time if they want, so i can see the OR's point too. My main point though really, is that you can actually incorporate the cost usually, but just call it 'telephone'. Our £50 'telephone' allowance will cover landline, internet, and part of our mobile bill.

Oops! I wrote something here that was meant for grantspants instead!! Sorry-had a serious blonde moment there!!

C. x

Edited by - BankruptC on 08 October 2008 21:28:41
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2008 :  21:17:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi PDM and GT

In my I&E i had the cost of the internet in my cost of the phone, i put £50 down and it was allowed. I was not allowed mobiles as i have a landline and did not put internet seperately as ours is that price per month as its like a package.

Good luck with the form filling, BC is doing a good job.

LOL

Jo x
Your Mother Hen :-)

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

Edited by - Needafriend on 09 October 2008 11:46:48
Go to Top of Page

poopedmass

United Kingdom
229 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  10:21:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it needs to be an amount thats managable though doesn't it? it can't be something that people will find hard surely because then they won't be able to keep the payments up for the 3 years will they?
lou x
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  10:34:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course. If you find you can't pay, then they'll ask you to submit another I&E form. It's an agreement at the end of the day, and if you don't agree, then you don't need to sign it. If you really can't come to an agreement between you, the process is that the OR will take it to court and it will become an IPO(order) instead of an IPA(agreement).

The guidelines for a family with two (or more) children for housekeeping are £501, and for clothes £155 so as I've always said, try it and see what they say. The worst they can say is no. :-)

C. x
Go to Top of Page

poopedmass

United Kingdom
229 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  11:32:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank, i am just worried about it all, i am struggling to keep my job at the moment, have had to cut my shifts right down cos my kids didnt get into the same school so i have to be in 2 different placer at the same time, and when i am working find 2 different childcare arrangements, dont want to have to give up my job on top of everything else!
lou x
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  11:58:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know it's hard. We're here to answer any questions you may have, or just to offer moral support! :-) It sounds tough to have two children in different schools-our little one is too young for school yet, but we have all those worries to come. Hope things stabilise soon with work etc. BR is so daunting when you first come to realise it may be a real prospect, but you'll feel better once it's all sorted.

As I said we're here to help where we can.

C. x
Go to Top of Page

poopedmass

United Kingdom
229 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  12:03:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much, thought it would be easier when my little one started school! Once you are discharged from BR can they reassess and enforce an IPA? if we couldnt afford one and after that year i got a payrise would they do it then or can they only do it when you are BR?
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  12:28:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you start an IPA before you're discharged, you will have it for the 36 months (unless your pay decreases and they suspend it).

However, if you don't get an IPA during the 12 months of your BR, then you won't get one at all. So basically, as long as during your BR period you don't earn eough to pay into an IPA, you won't have to at all.

As an aside, we're in the position of having to pay into an IPA and I may need to stop working soon. If I do, our IPA will be suspended, but for the 36 months, even after discharge, we'll have to keep the OR informed and payments will be set up if our pay increases again or any bonuses are received.

C. x
Go to Top of Page

poopedmass

United Kingdom
229 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  12:39:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i would be better not working then, seems silly struggling to work just to pay the IPA.
do you think ther are likely to drop the housekeeping and clothing allowance by £100 each then? do you think there is anything else they will disallow?
lou x
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page