Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 what happens at bankruptcy hearing?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anita289
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2008 :  18:06:36  Show Profile  Visit anita289's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After 3 years we couldn't afford to make the payments on our IVA. Our bankruptcy petition hearing is this Thursday and we would like to know what will happen. Do we have to be present at the hearing? Can we keep our bank account? All our direct debits for gas, electricity, council tax, water rates, t.v. licence etc.etc. come out of this account. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2008 :  18:09:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Anita and Welcome,

SOme of your questions i have answered in my blog so have a look.
I will try and answer a bit for you here though.
Yes you have to be present at the BR hearing. Is it being done by yourself or someone else.
The bank account will be down to the bank and not the OR but if you cant keep it the Coop cashminder seems a good one i have it and im happy with it as i can do dd's and so's.
Hope i have helped a bit.

Jo x
Your Mother Hen :-)

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

anita289
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2008 :  21:16:39  Show Profile  Visit anita289's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanx Jo for some very useful information. We'll attend the Court on Thursday but have no idea what the outcome will be. I think we've been involved in a scam re: Hampton Trust. We can't get hold of anyone there (landline or mobile). We paid £900 and thought they would solve our problems!! How wrong we were.
Anita x

Go to Top of Page

movin on
Average Member

United Kingdom
946 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2008 :  21:20:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Anita

Im really sorry to hear that you seem to have been swindled out of your money - its disgusting the way companies pray on vulnerable peoples situations!!

Anyway, i just want to wish you all the best for Thursday - please let us know how you get on as its my turn on Monday

Jenny

xx

The weights are coming off my shoulders very slowly, but making such a big diference !!
Go to Top of Page

tracy_b

United Kingdom
457 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2008 :  21:41:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Anita,
Are you making yourselves BR or are your creditors doing it to you. Just making sure you have done all the forms etc if you are doing it. My hubby and I are going BR on Thursday as well. As soon as i get back from court i shall be on the phone to the co-op sorting out a bank account and then organising D/D and benefits payments etc.
Good Luck

Tracy x

Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2008 :  21:44:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Anita

Please let us know how you get on with your court date.

As has already been pointed out some of these companies are a waste of space, its not fair that they prey on those who are already up the creek without a paddle.

You just take care and relax, it will all come good in the end.

LOL

Jo x
Your Mother Hen :-)

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page