Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 questions post BR
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tracy_b

United Kingdom
457 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  12:45:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again,

I have a few questions now that its over.

Tried co-op Bank for cashminder but they say it will take a few days to see if we are successful- Does everyone have this cause i was under the impression that they say yes immediately. Have now put stops on all benefit payments going into old account till i get sorted.

If you get a BRO/BRU is the IPA for the same amount of years. I just worry now, that being soley dependant on benefits, it will be hard for the next however many years if we get a BRU/BRO with a ipa attached.

Any help gratefully recieved

Tracy x

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  13:01:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tracy

Right here goes

I had my account agreed same day on the phone, sent sort code and number a few days later, some have been defered then told a day or so later that it can gone through.

If you get an IPA it will only last a MAX 3 years, no longer so if you get a BRU for 4 years the IPA will finish a year before.

Hope that helps

Jo x
Your Mother Hen :-)

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

digman

United Kingdom
319 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  13:09:22  Show Profile  Click to see digman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi tracy
glad all went ok. we opened cashminder accounts at co-op day of br (last fri) got our cards this morning.
Go to Top of Page

tracy_b

United Kingdom
457 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  13:13:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jo and Digman,

Getting worried now that the co-op didn't allow us account today, will face that when i know for sure whats happening.

Good news about the IPA lasting for 3 years max. I had visions of us having to pay into one for the next ......years. Although i suppose it would be only right if you looked at the debt we owed!

Tracy X
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  13:15:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tracy

I would not worry too much about the Coop at the moment you could always try Abbey or Halifax, theres even think banking even though they charge.
Cross that bridge about the coop when you come to it, enjoy today let the release of all that built up worry and tension come out gently and just chill.

You take care and maybe we can all meet up in the future. :-)

Jo x

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

Go to Top of Page

tracy_b

United Kingdom
457 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  13:18:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers Jo,
I know i can always rely on you to calm me down!
Think i will sign off now and do exactly as you say-CHILL.
Speak to you all later
Tracy X
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  13:50:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Tracy

I am so glad that i like others have been able to guide you through your bankruptcy, i know its been hard enough coming to terms with having to go BR let alone the rest of the package that comes with it.
Just try and get on with your new life, learn from the past and most importantly look towards a fresh start and a new future.
We will always be on the end of a thread, reading away and whenever for whatever reason you know we will be there to help you and others.
Keep smiling and stay strong, your virtual friend.

Jo x

Go to Top of Page

Nat

367 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  17:01:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tracy

I opened my account over the phone and was approved straight away. However, the guy doing it didn't think i would be and it would be referred as I have moved a few times. I don't know if you have but that's all it might be. They didn't come back and say no, so try not to worry and enjoy the weights being lifted. Everything will work out and you will be fine.

Take care
Nat
x
Go to Top of Page

eamonn

320 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  17:19:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi tracy
iopened my new co-opacc on the sat after my br and i started getting the cards,pin etc on the wed following even though on the phone on the sat i was told to ring again on the mon to confirm my new acc(i hope that makes sence) on the mon i was told that they needed some id so could not be opened till i had provided it, but as i say the card and paperwork started arriving during the week so i do think the guy i spoke to on the monday had got it right.
as for the ipa question if you are living soley on benefits the or should not give you an ipa as you are deemed to be living on the minimum anyway, i know there have been a few question's about this but i belive thats what the expert's have said and that it is on the insolvancy website,if this is not correct then i am sure somebody wil tell us and then i will be in real trouble as i am on benefits and if i get an ipa i don't think i could cope
Go to Top of Page

tracy_b

United Kingdom
457 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  17:38:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Eamonn,
Its nice to hear of someone else who didn't get told right away that they have been given an account.Especially as it came good for you. The girl did say that i should go to Brighton(nearest co-op) tomorrow with hubby with proof of address and ID, and they will fax through to head office for us, which we intend to do. Be nice to have a day out!
I get a bit worried about benefits cause another person posted saying that his only income was benefits and he got an IPA! Both hubby and i disabled and need all the money for extra heating and cleanners etc. Got OR interview next week so it will be interesting.
Cheers Tracy x
Go to Top of Page

eamonn

320 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  17:43:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi tracy
i have my or interview on monday so will let you know how i get on
Go to Top of Page

tracy_b

United Kingdom
457 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  17:45:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
Good Luck for monday, Will be thinking of you and please post after to let us know how it went.

TTFN
Tracy X
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  19:32:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Eamonn and Tracy

Good luck for your intreview monday and Tracy good luck for yours next week also.

We will be thinking of you :-)

Jo x

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page