Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Now have two bank accounts!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nat

367 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2008 :  16:59:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all

Just thought that i'd let you know that I got the Alliance and Leicester account. Card and details arrived in the post today!!!

Just thought that it might be good for all you guys worrying about getting another account after going BR that it can be done, twice in my case, have a co-op account as well.

The A&L account will be used to put money away in for the things that i don't pay monthly but once or twice a year.

All the best everyone

Nat
x

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2008 :  17:01:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Nat
Thats good although i cant get one with them they were one of my creditors :-(

Oh well at least there is hope for others.

LOL

Jo x
Your Mother Hen :-)

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Nat

367 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2008 :  17:11:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya Jo

How are you?

By the way, I did apply for the account on the 18th September and it's taken this long to find out that i have it. At least it's an option for tose who are really struggling to find one.

Nat
x
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2008 :  17:16:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Yeah Nat thats good news as thats another account that we BR can apply for.

I am feeling much better, still got a cough and my sinuses are still playing me up, might have to see the Dr on Monday if still no better but other than that im getting there.

I have started to price up for pressies for the kids for xmas today, i like to get before end of Nov that way if i cant get something sooner i can shop around and find it, and now we are on a tighter budget so that will be fun.

How are you?

Jo x

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

Go to Top of Page

Nat

367 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2008 :  17:24:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jo

I'm doing ok thanks. Thaat other stuff in my life has gotten worse so trying hard to keep my chin up and all. Can't even think about xmas at mo, going to have to soon though!

Take care
Nat
x
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2008 :  18:03:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Nat

That other part thats going on in your life i really hope that you can get it sorted out soon. I am thinking about you and i send over my love to you mate.

You know we are all here for you, your very large virtual family :-)

LOL

Jo x

Go to Top of Page

jwmc77

United Kingdom
195 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2008 :  20:08:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry to hihack the thread but, i was just wondering where a salary/wage would be paid into while waiting to hear if an application for an bank account is successful???

MAC
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 11 October 2008 :  09:11:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mac

I am not sure other than a family member which is what we did until our account was sorted with DDs.

Do you have a friend or family member that would allow you to have your wages paid in for a month or 2 at most.

Or get your BR date right at the time you would have been paid so like us we got paid 28th of the month, BR date on the 4th we withdrew our money and then went BR, then the same day as we went BR we applied for our new bank account, that gave us enough time to sort out wages and benefits.

Take care

Jo x

Edited by - Needafriend on 11 October 2008 09:13:32
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page