Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 stressing out
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

useful
Starting Member

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2008 :  00:47:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i just typed a huge letter and then deleted it, my visit to court re BR is this tues. this is a smaller version..........

my extreme stress/ situation is somewhat complicated by having wasted my savings and running up debts due to investing in a property in spain (it was bought in partnership with a qualified builder and a solicitor was involved, so everything was legally correct.)

Everything was going ok until the planning permission (which i had when i bought it) was revoked. It was a change/review in planning laws in Andalucia -something peculiar to spain with many mayors (who granted building permission)now under investigation or jail -

so i (we)now have a half built house worth very little which we have paid dearly for.
I wasted my time trying to sell it for 2 years and living on my credit cards, though not in style, renting cheaply in spain is rough (cockroaches etc.)

Anyhow i know the OR will want to recover my half of the equity in the property (but its value has plummeted) so I have a copy of the deeds, but how long will it take, if i couldnt sell it when i lived there? - very difficult with no permission as its now classed as rustic (country) land.
I have gone from having a good job which i lost through ill health (had to retire), to having to sell the home in england to pay the debts off in spain (the spanish bank was taking me to court) to now living in one little room and hoping i can afford to rent a flat - its like a never ending nightmare but I could do with knowing what will happen- CAB mentioned a trustee getting involved- what does this entail?
I havent been able to even face this on the site until now so any info welcome

I started out with nothing and I still have it

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2008 :  09:00:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Useful

I do feel like i should be there by your side and giving you a great big cuddle right now.

Have yo spoken to our helpline at all, i know that they are very cued up on these things and you do need a little more advice than really we can give you on this forum.

That said your circumstances through no fault of your own have come full circle and bitten on the bum so to speak and i can see why you feel so depressed and so lonely right now.

A trustee is someone who is working on behalf of the OR to handle all your assets, its standard practice when large values are involved like a house for example, that is their main job and can oversee the sale etc of the assets and the OR is then just kept informed if you like.

They are not scary people and they wont come out and check on you either.

You have done nothing different to many people, wanting a better life for yourself and family and now its all gone t**s up and you are left with a gapping hole that seems to be getting wider by the day. Dont be affraid, whilst i do understand the CAB and they have a job to do, and some may not like this, i dont like there advice, i look up on what they tell me and most of the time in my case its been oh so wrong and they can scare me evenmore. Its times like this that the helpline would be invaluable to you, as you know you cant do it all and you need to know exactly what options are there for you.

Try not to let this get you down, its not worth it, its only money and at the end of the day you cant take it with you. Sod the banks etc they are not the ones having to go through this now, you are, they dont care, they treat us like we are not human beings, but we are, now you must be strong and think about "YOU" for a change.

It will all be ok in the end and i mean that with all my heart.:-)

Take care my friend. Live life to the full and do give us a call.

0800 078 9367

Jo

x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:

Jo's Links and added info on Bankruptcy!

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

useful
Starting Member

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2008 :  17:47:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you jo for your reply with 'hug' - ive felt quite supported here even though ive been panicking, the calm replies really help.
Ive been to the docs today and got some betablockers to help me through meetings - I darent say how i really felt
I will call the helpline on Monday to get some guidance re assets abroad. I feel such a fool for getting into this situation but dont feel as alone as i did last night. thanking you again,

I started out with nothing and I still have it
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2008 :  17:51:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Useful

Make sure you give them a call on Monday.

And No you may have started out with nothing but because of that now you have a load of new friends.

Take care and remember we are here for you :-)

Jo

x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:

Jo's Links and added info on Bankruptcy!

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page