Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 i think i will get done for fraud.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

georgedb
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2008 :  20:05:08  Show Profile  Visit georgedb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i think i will get done for fraud. the reason i say this is because i was unemployed when i applied for these credit cards 6 years ago. i am now in 50000 of debt and my O R phone interview is on thursday morning at 10.30. i know a lot of you will say i deserve this, but the stress is still the same as anyone elses. i have been a complete fool and after 2 failed marriages perhaps deserve all the punishment coming my way. i really think i will go to prison. thanks for reading this.

joella68

United Kingdom
280 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2008 :  20:08:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey no-one has the right to judge ANYONE ELSE !!
as they sat sh*t happens, i dont know enough to cast n opinion on the OR but nonetheless good luck
jo
Go to Top of Page

johns

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2008 :  20:31:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi why would the or go back 6 years, in my experience which is little they are more concerned about the past 12 months, it maybe your creditors look into it but how after all this time would they know and it must be long term loans, but eh whether or not they come for you you are bankrupt like me and stay positive.

fingers crossed

johns
Go to Top of Page

movin on
Average Member

United Kingdom
946 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2008 :  20:35:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there and welcome George

Can i start by saying please do not judge yourself as no-one here will judge you....we are all here to help and support each other as and when needed.

Did you lie on your forms or did the companies know your situation - only reason i ask this is because the bank persuaded me to take out a loan only a few months before i went br and they were fully aware i am not working (they are only interested in hitting their targets as far as im concerned). Basically they talked me into something i was not wanting to do.

There will no doubt be more experts on the site working their way through the posts so please bear with them

Take care

Jenny

Onwards and Upwards is the way im going :-0)

xx
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2008 :  20:37:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi George

As the others have said we are not on here to judge you. The reasons you got into debt are personal to each of us and each case is different.

The worst would be a BRU or even a BRO if you contest it, i really dont think that at this stage they would even consider fraud or prison as personal debt within reason is not a criminal offence.

You must stay positive and look towards your new debt free life, dont worry about the OR it will be ok. Take each day as it comes and be honest if asked. Dont say anything to set alarm bells ringing. They will go over your SoA and just clarify.

Please try not to worry and again i am saying that we wont judge you for your debts.

Take care and best of luck. :-)

Jo
x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
Go to Top of Page

georgedb
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2008 :  20:53:20  Show Profile  Visit georgedb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thank you all for taking time out to reply to my post. it really does give you an enormous lift to receive such support. i know most of you have been through this before and i also know each case is different. i will keep in mind all your kind words this coming thursday. once again, thank you so very much. george.

Go to Top of Page

Trolly-Dolly
Average Member

591 Posts

Posted - 25 November 2008 :  23:27:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey George,
Good luck for thursday,
many of us have been there, worrying and stressing, some of us have told little lies on application forms (me), but we must remember this........
We have not hurt anyone or harmed anyone. We borrowed money and could not pay it back. What is money? Its paper with ink on it. I'm sure those that condemn us will eventually get over it.
Take care x

You can read my blog here;

http://drowningmummy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Edited by - Trolly-Dolly on 25 November 2008 23:27:40
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2008 :  07:02:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said Trolly-dolly :-)

Jo
x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
Go to Top of Page

georgedb
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2008 :  08:33:07  Show Profile  Visit georgedb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
to trolly-dolly, joella68, johns, moneyworries and needafriend. you guys choke me up. it goes to show some people do care, and i,m sure as you all know what a lift it gives you when you receive these letters of support/advice. will let you know tomorrow how it went. thank you all, george.

Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2008 :  09:08:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey George,

Make sure you do as we will all be waiting to hear.

Dont forget that we are here for you and also from me, its been my pleasure to be there for you. :-)

Jo
x

Go to Top of Page

Almost there

United Kingdom
288 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2008 :  09:47:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are so right TD, we haven't hurt or harmed anyone, and there are enough people in the world that have done the most evil and despicable things to other human beings, you only have to look at the news to see that. The only people we have hurt are the banks and credit card companies, and to be honest, I couldn't give a **** about them anyway. Sandie x

PS: George, all the best for tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2008 :  12:04:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi George

I would agree with johns and advise you to answer the questions from the examiner truthfully but briefly. If you're not asked about a particular issue, don't comment on it.

I very very much doubt that your employment status 6 years ago when some of your credit began is a question that you will be asked.If you are, be truthful, if as I suspect not, that's your major concern out of the way.

www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

movin on
Average Member

United Kingdom
946 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2008 :  19:46:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi George

I just wanted to wish you lots of luck for tomorrow....I'll be thinking about you.

Please let us know how you get on

Jenny

xx

Onwards and Upwards is the way im going :-0)

xx
Go to Top of Page

huntersrishon

189 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2008 :  20:57:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi George

Very good luck for tomorrow. I agree with everyone else the OR should not be looking back 6 years. We will be thinking of you and I am sure it will all be OK.

Dee
Go to Top of Page

georgedb
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2008 :  22:04:26  Show Profile  Visit georgedb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
huntersrishon, moneyworries, john and all you other wonderfully kind and supportive people. once again thanks for your support. dont suppose i will sleep much tonight, i think its the unknown that really gets your stomach in knots. will let you all know tomorrow how it went. goodnight and godbless. george.

Go to Top of Page

Trolly-Dolly
Average Member

591 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2008 :  22:41:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A nice large brandy should do the trick!
Remember: Its paper with ink on it!
Keep things in perspective, stay calm and take Johns advice....factual but brief.

You can read my blog here;

http://drowningmummy.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page