Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Advising OR on reduction in mortgage payment?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jayne h

218 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  11:07:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,

Just had a horrible thought!

My mortgage went down on 1st December by quite a substantial amount (over £100). We went BR on 13th October and have not yet heard anything about an IPA. Our I&E submitted at the time showed that we had approximately £20 DI (if that, can't recall at the moment as I am at work).

My question is, do we have to tell the OR about the change in mortgage payments - I seriously don't think that it will stay that low for too long but I don't want to be seen as not declaring this.

Can anyone enlighten me, although I think I already know the answer!

Many thanks.

Jayne xx

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  12:26:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jayne

I think i have seen this before where you are really supposed to inform them of any changes whilst still BR. After discharge then it may change.

I think thats right.

LOL

Jo
x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
Go to Top of Page

Trolly-Dolly
Average Member

591 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  12:58:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm in the same boat too. Have not said anything.......yet. I'm still poor and need to sort out council tax arrears first!

You can read my blog here;

http://drowningmummy.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  13:02:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just had the problem that my OH's wages have gone up by a pricely sum of £79 per month before tax and NI and i have had to get hold of the collecting solicitors Moonbeever and also the OR and inform them, i am also waiting to hear if the NT IPA will increase now, but to be on the safe side i sent 20% from that extra to them so at least if it does go up they have that from last month.

I will let u all know how it pans out.

LOL

Jo
x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
Go to Top of Page

jayne h

218 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  13:40:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ladies.

I don't think the OR was interested in an IPA before this - however, I think this will push us over the £99 threshold. I will phone him in a week or so and work out a new I&E before then.

Jayne x
Go to Top of Page

movin on
Average Member

United Kingdom
946 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  13:44:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jayne

Nice to see you .

I know its not exactly what you wanted to hear, but it may not be forever and there may be a change in circumstances that takes you below it again (ill keep my fngers crossed anyway..lol).
Jenny

xx

Onwards and Upwards is the way im going :-0)

xx
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  13:51:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jayne

I am sorry it was not good news, but as BR we are legally bound whilst undischarged to inform of any changes.

At least when we are discharged unless we have an IPA for income then that will be that.

I too was annoyed that i had to inform them about my OH's V small payrise but i understood that i have a duty to inform, so i did, reluctantly.

Let us know how it all goes.

LOL

Jo
x

Go to Top of Page

jayne h

218 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2008 :  12:21:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ladies,

Thanks for your replies.

I will most certainly contact the OR and tell him - we have been open and honest from the start and don't intend to be any different now! As you say Jenny, it may shoot up again so that will be a change in circumstance!

Jo - I think for you it is certainly good news about the mortgage rate - I sincerely hope that you get an affordable deal when your fixed term comes to an end.

Sorry I haven't been around much but work has been manic and I tend to come on at work as my computer at home is, to say the least, c**p!!!

I may well be dragged kicking and screaming into signing up for Facebook and I may join you all then - my friends keep telling me to do it!!

Jayne x
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page