Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Bankruptcy form outgoings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2008 :  19:39:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stu, it has been my pleasure to help you through this tough time.

Think of me as holding your hand, guiding you through all of this, it will all be ok, you know it will :-)

And yes i will have a great weekend too, thankyou.

Jo
x

17 Weeks down
35 to go

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2008 :  01:20:15  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jo,

just working out the budget to save for Bankruptcy im going to withdraw £110 this month, the £210 Jan and Feb that way ill have £30 for afterwards,

My sister said she would come with me which is great, as im dyslexic and when I get asked complicated long winded questions i get really confused.

The lady on the phone when I booked my bankruptcy in Liverpool court made it sound so easy, you goto desk number 2, have your papers read, swear on oath (guess she doesnt mean F***) and then straight away see the judge, get your certificate of bankruptcy and await the OR, should only be there 20 minutes, not sure if it is that straight forward though, hope so!!

And today not a good day either still feeling really tense and wound up, booked myself into counselling think it is the best thing.
ive just got five major issues to sort out they are:

Debt --> Bankruptcy and thinkbanking, 1 DDI to move
Nursing --> leave to union solicitors to deal with
Work --> see what happens in 6 weeks
Weight --> cut calories and carbs
Career --> go for this PT Diploma, so I think I have got things sorted but still feel lost, loney, down, wound up and tense, oh well another great week ahead!!

Thanks again, couldnt of got through all of this without you and this forum!

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2008 :  07:51:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Stu

R U on facebook, if you are u could also chat through that.

If you want a direct number i can get admin to exchange our emails over and then sort out tel numbers.

You know that i will be here for you, whenever you feel down.

Dont feel sad and lonely, your never alone, those debts cant take over your life, its not worth it, your better than the money, your life is the most important thing, you have to be strong and forget about the letters and calls.

Yes they will keep coming but it will stop, i promise.

The court is pretty straight forward, i did not see a judge, some do some dont, but at the end of the day you have tried and now you know that there is only bankruptcy left.

You take care my friend and dont let life get you down, your are better than that :-)

Jo
x

17 Weeks down
35 to go

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2008 :  10:00:40  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jo,

Dont use facebook as im too self consius, sounds silly I know, I Just cant wait til the Bankruptcy day is over and the OR review too.

Stu

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2008 :  10:01:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Stu

Not too long now and you can be free.

You take care of yourself, have a great weekend :-)

Jo
x

17 Weeks down
35 to go

Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2008 :  10:12:19  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You too and thanks

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2008 :  10:13:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ur Welcome ;-)

Jo
x

17 Weeks down
35 to go

Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2008 :  10:41:34  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jo

Did you get an IPA or IPO (Still trying to work out the lingo)

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2008 :  11:17:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Stu

Im not working so i did not have anything not even an IPA for the Tax Code (NT Code)

My OH had the NT code one, which every month until the end of the financial year he has to pay over the tax back to the OR's collecting agents which is Moonbeever.

We are in the process of getting ready to re submit a new I&E form as my OH has had a pay rise, but our Tax Credits will now drop as his income for the year had not been calculated properly so what we get from one source is gone with the other so i don think we will be now worse of by about £100 pm once Tax Credits sort out the money.

Oh well nothing i can do, it has to be sortedd now, otherwise we will end up being overpaid.

IPA is an Income Payments Agreement- You agree to pay a certain amount from your DI Disposable Income to the OR each month from 50% to 70%.

IPO is an Income Payments Order which has been taken to court by the OR as an agreement could not be reached and a judge would then grant the order if they see fit.

Any IPA is up for discussion and should NOT be signed if your not happy with it, as once signed by the OR its legally binding.

LOL

Jo
x

17 Weeks down
35 to go

Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2008 :  11:23:17  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jo,

im hoping the OR wont be too cruel and cut all my outgoings out, oh well something to look forward too!

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2008 :  11:31:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Stu

I will keep my fingers crossed. As you know the worst they cana say is No to something, but you must fight for your rights.

It may be a case of going BR but dont lose your dignity and at the end of the Day the OR is NOT the law and so negotiations can be done.:-)

Jo
x

17 Weeks down
35 to go

Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2008 :  19:20:27  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi Jo

Ive changed my reason for bankruptcy to this, is this ok or should I take some out:In 2004, I started a nursing diploma, at that time, I only had a small amount of overdraft debt, which I managed to keep on top of and repay, however as the course progressed and I found I needed several items included books, clothing, money for food and travel, I became reliant on credit. In 2006, a year before I qualified I realised that I would not be able to fully repay my debts as the outgoings over stretched my income. I therefore sought help from a debt management company, who took me on board and assisted with my debts. Although some creditors responded well to the DMP alot did not, so I looked elsewhere, it was around this time, that debt matters approached me with information of an IVA, although the full details were not explained to me, I felt that this was the best option, however this turned out not to be the case, at the same time I lost my part time job and because the IVA from Debt matters was being poorly administered it failed. My debts were left in limbo, so I looked at another IVA or DMP, so went to Gregory pennington who put me in touch with Freeman Jones, my IVA was approved by them, and was working fine, unfortunately I lost my job again, and was also diagnosed with moderate depression, I was granted a three month payment holiday but was not able to meet the back payments and the demands from Freeman Jones to start repaying immediately although I had other emergencies to deal with, such as car repairs, car MOT and so on, so this IVA failed too, I have had a reoccurrence of my depression, and feel that the spiralling debt, that I am now unable to repay is starting to damage my health, I believe bankruptcy to be my best option. Due to my depression, I will not return to a full time role, but a 33 hour role within my job, the income stated reflects this, however my wage slips will reflect my old income and therefore I will request a letter from employer once this change has been made. Due to my IVA's I am unable to give full correct start dates for my creditors, but feel that the dates given are at the best estimation of them. I am also unable to provide any creditor statements, but can provide the letter of termination and non-compliance from Freeman Jones. Due to my main creditors being Barclays, RBS, Nationwide and Co-operative and the Abbey, LloydsTSB or Halifax saying that they wont support a bankrupt with Banking services I have chosen Thinkbanking, a managed bank account I need an allowance of £12.50 for this account.
Due to my depression, and because of internal ongoing investigations I have chosen not to return to nursing, within the distant future, and as the role in management I am doing at the moment, is also causing my depression to get worse, I am going to try reduced hours, but along side this I am planning to take a part time course in personal training - advanced gym instructor, to allow me to maximize my earning potential and to join the knowledge learnt from nursing with this new course, this course however costs £128.50 per month for a year and completes in June 2010. By the time of the bankruptcy I would of paid 4 months worth of fees to this course, I truly believe due to my depression, dyslexia and difficulties I have faced through my current job and my nursing career that this course being very practical and vocational in relevance will provide a better career path for me, and I would like to be given the opportunity to continue to study this. I truly believe that I have explored and exhausted every avenue available to me include informal arrangements, debt management and IVA and now feel that this is the most appropriate for me. I currently live with my parents, they charge me £420.00 a month for this, this includes, electricity, gas, television, cable television, internet, basic food, telephone services, council tax, washing, drying etc. Which is value for money compared to the current rental market

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2008 :  19:27:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Stu

No that seem fine. I would not worry you have explained when and why things started to go pearshaped and also you have tried to get it on track which has ultimately failed now, so your last option is BR.

I do think that this will be fine though.:-)

Jo
x

17 Weeks down
35 to go

Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2008 :  19:50:16  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jo
Do you think the OR will over scrutinise my case? What are the ORs like?

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2008 :  19:54:02  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
And my income I have put the new figures and will get a letter from my employer in due course is this OK, my outgoings are now £1197.50 with the course, will they try and knock that down?

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page