Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 First day without the blind-folds
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scottyuk
Starting Member

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2008 :  21:02:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all, I am new to the forum and hope to be here for some time now. Tonight I decided to open my eyes to my life and decided that I need to do the decent thing....BR.....I am not sure what to do now, infact a little scared...........please help.

leakie

United Kingdom
158 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2008 :  21:23:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Scotty
It took me a while to realise that is what I needed to do, I tried with an IVA first,
Before you decide,You must get expert advise so that you are clear on all your options, BR may or may not be the best option for you

Best of luck for what ever you do,
I can tell you, that you will have a lot of support, from this forum!!!

All the Best

Leakie
Go to Top of Page

scottyuk
Starting Member

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2008 :  21:25:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thankyou Leakie, all advise is appreciated. I think BR is the only option as I have been in hiding for some time now, I lost my job and home and have no idea how much I owe and how many too.....its a big mess but I am moving forward in the new year.
Go to Top of Page

huntersrishon

189 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2008 :  21:33:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Scotty

You have done the hardest part - accepting there is a problem and that you need to do something about it!!! This forum is fantastic and the experts are brilliant - always quick to help and answer questions. We went BR in October - we had struggled on for about a year - it is the best move we made.

Good Luck with it all and have a good christmas.

Dee
Go to Top of Page

karenj
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2008 :  21:44:32  Show Profile  Visit karenj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Scottyuk, I am also new to the forum, perhaps we can go through the journey together along with everyone else. It is very scary I have tried putting off the deed for 8 years but now my circumstances have changed so much I have to do it. Over the past few days I have read most of the posts on the forum and everyone is very helpful. Good Luck

Go to Top of Page

scottyuk
Starting Member

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2008 :  21:44:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thankyou so much Dee, I have a feeling that just being honest with myself and starting the ball rolling now is going to make a huge difference. I am quite a private person in general which has resulted in not many people knowing about my problems and spending many days hiding under the duvet until 1.00pm. Tomorrow is the first day of positive action
Go to Top of Page

huntersrishon

189 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2008 :  21:53:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Scotty

We kept it to ourselves and struggled on. The forum knew before our family. I found we could relax and tell it how it was on this forum and we received in return - loads of help, advice and kind wishes.If ever you are at a low ebb or need any help with form filling etc just post here on the forum - there is always someone around to help. I have found it is true - a problem shared and all that makes a massive difference. Our BR has been exactly as everyone said it would be - not scary at all and we have been treated with respect by all the authorities involved.

Have a brilliant christmas.

Dee

Go to Top of Page

scottyuk
Starting Member

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2008 :  21:58:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just reading about peoples experiences is very motivating. I look forward to the day when someone comes on here and I can return the favour to them in some way.

You too have a Merry Christmas and thanks for making my evening.

Scotty
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page