Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Hi all, Ive just been made bankrupt 22/12/08
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pokerking1
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 30 December 2008 :  15:17:04  Show Profile  Visit pokerking1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all, Ive just been made bankrupt 22/12/08 at the high court. Inland revenue made me bankrupt for £10k from lat years tax bill. Im 27 self employed electrician. I also have personal debts of £50k to creditors. I have an appointment on the 12th jan 09 with the OR. My question is, in the 'help' leaflet that i recieved with my questionaire it says that they will look into if i was to blame for my bankruptcy? surely im part to blame as i havent been keeping up repayments. Also over the last 3 years i have been trying to keep off unoffical debt collectors which i have no proof of? I have entered a few debt managment plans over the years but they never worked. I just worried that when i go for my interview that the OR will see that i have had spare cash over the last 5 years but have failed to pay my debts with it. I had to buy a cheap £300 car last week so my girlfriend could get to work. Will i go to prison? Im not a fraudster but when you look at it all on paper it looks like i am???

ps, my last account has my last 3 years of accounts but i dont want to ask him for them as i owe him £500. What can i do? im in a right mess

Please help

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 30 December 2008 :  17:04:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

you should list the accountant as a creditor on your PIQB and also give the accountants details when asked where you are accounts are.
The Official Receiver can obtain them directly from the accountant, or at least copies.

As for your conduct it's impossible to give an accurate forecast of the Official Receiver's view without having the full details at hand but if you have not gambled or taken out new borrowings recently. And you haven't sold or transferred an asset undervalue in the last 5 years then you should have nothing to worry about.

If all you are guilty of is the debt itself this is not a criminal matter.

www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page