Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 I opened a Co op cashminder account in readiness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leahk

117 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2009 :  19:57:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I opened a Co op cashminder account in readiness for my bankruptcy in two weeks time. The account has been confirmed and I'm waiting for the card and pin to come through.
At present my Income Support, Child Benefit and Child Tax Credit are paid direct into my old account (which I have already been informed will be closed) and tv licence, car insurance and utility bills etc come out via Direct Debit.
As I have exactly 14 days to Court Day, how/when do I change my payments over? I did tell the Co Op of my impending Bankruptcy and they just said to call them two days before my court date to get the account frozen.
Many thanks

Becs
Starting Member

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2009 :  20:09:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Leah,
How's things with you?
Not sure I can be much help, but I contacted CTC about 10 mins ago and they said it can take up to 30 days to transfer payments to new account, although the guy assured me it would be quicker, but I will not see next weeks payment .... having said that I'm not sure if my old bank account when frozen will mean that credits can't be paid in and will be effectively refused. The CTC man said if credits are refused they will be paid at a later date and won't be lost, so thats some good news!
But I guess my advice, if worth anything, is to crack on with changing your essentail DD's to your co-op account. (And cancel them from your old).
Timing wise, considering your BR date, try and set up all new DD's for 2nd week of March, I guess then your Co-op account will be unfrozen by then? But I'm sure someone else on here will have more accurate info on that.
I didn't mention to Co-op about pending BR .... they'll be nothing in on the day of the BR except enough to pay 2 DD's due the week after, so I'm hoping the money won't get sucked out, and the account will be open in time to pay. But who knows!
The CB people were great, I changed my account details on the Tuesday and the money was paid into my new account the following Monday.
Still trying to get the paperwork done ... kids off school thanks to the snow hasn't helped!!!

Becs
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page