Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for march
 Will items have to be returned?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

laura-b

172 Posts

Posted - 25 March 2008 :  00:30:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will the items from bright house i have purchased be included in my bankruptcy or will the products have to be returned.

AlanO

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 25 March 2008 :  01:12:59  Show Profile  Visit AlanO's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi laura,

Bit more information required - what and when did buy and how much do you owe.

Also are you bankrupt or considering it

All the best alan

www.debtdr.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

laura-b

172 Posts

Posted - 25 March 2008 :  01:52:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Alan

Sorry I am going bankrupt but I wondered whether the value products I got from bright house would be included or would they want the products back, i only purchased 2 week ago if that but I am seeing some one in late april to discuss and complete forms for bankruptcy, well that the appointment any way.

kind regards
laura
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 25 March 2008 :  07:30:56  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Laura,

It all depends what he items are and whether you are purchasing the items or renting them.

You are allowed a monthly figure for the rental of one TV in your expenditure, however lavish items such as a large plasma that you only purchased two weeks ago could have a resale value so if you have purchased the items from bright house then their debt will form part of your Bankruptcy and the items will form part of your assets for the OR to decide if it is worth selling

All the best.

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

AlanO

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 25 March 2008 :  07:45:39  Show Profile  Visit AlanO's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Laura,

The OR may take a dime view if you purchased the items in the knowledge that you did not have ability to pay.

So unless there has recently been a significant change in circumstances or the items are of a nominal value this could be open to questioning.

What was the value of purchases and what is your total level of debt?

All the best alan

www.debtdr.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

laura-b

172 Posts

Posted - 25 March 2008 :  11:47:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the total value is 1000 pound, I had to get white stuff for the kitchen with having a little one it was the only option, however like mentioned before my circumstances have changed considerably and left me in extreme finacial trouble when i work out my weekly income against my weekly expenditure im 50 pound over what i can afford. i suffer with depression and it makes me worse about finacial trouble on my mind, and i don't see any other solution avaiable for me.

thanks
laura
Go to Top of Page

melanie_giles

1191 Posts

Posted - 25 March 2008 :  23:06:18  Show Profile  Visit melanie_giles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think that there will be no problems with the OR and these essential items Laura - it does not sound as if you have been too extravagent.
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 26 March 2008 :  09:04:16  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Laura,

With this level I don't think you will have any problems either.

All the best

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

pix1
Average Member

689 Posts

Posted - 26 March 2008 :  11:34:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are contemplating BR your debts ought to be quite high, say, over £10000. So far,it only seems you owe 1000 and are over budget by £50. Maybe your situation is not severe enough for BR and there might be another option like Debt Management Plan. Experts might need more info.
Go to Top of Page

melanie_giles

1191 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2008 :  23:16:30  Show Profile  Visit melanie_giles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I read the posting as the items the poster was worried about were valued at £1,000 not the overall level of debts. Did I miss something?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page