Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Do I qualify for bankruptcy ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maria24
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2009 :  13:58:41  Show Profile  Visit maria24's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi
I am 24 yrs old. I have two small children one just aged 4 and the other is 2. I receive income support and child tax credits. I do not recieve any child maintenance. I am currently in debt by around £50,000 and have absolutely no way to pay. I cannot afford even £10's a month and am in debt to around 10 different creditors. Creditors are credit card companies, loans, and catalogues. I am being constantly harrased by them and know the only way for me to solve this problem is to become bankrupt. I don't own anything, literally, except a few clothes for my children. I have no house, no car and no assets. I have no savings e.t.c. I am currently homeless and have to stay at my family's house and with friends. Can you please tell me if I qualify for bankruptcy and how I can go about getting this started as soon as possible.
Many thanks

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2009 :  14:32:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

yes you do qualify but it will cost you a minimum fee of £345 in cash which is payable at the court on the day you present your bankruptcy petition.

John White
England Jackman & Spacey
Go to Top of Page

Melanie.n
forum expert

United Kingdom
1282 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2009 :  18:46:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there

it may be worth your while making an appointment with your local Citizens Advice Bureau as there are schemes out there operated through them that will fund the petition costs of bankruptcy - this service is not 'advertised' and you will have to make an appointment with the Money Adviser at your local branch, but if it enables you to save the fee, it will be worth it!

Melanie Nicholas
28 years insolvency experience - 23 of which in the Insolvency Service
- Insolvency Manager
Jones Giles
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page