Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 "Two Questions in One" sorry!!??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

frosie90

285 Posts

Posted - 10 March 2009 :  19:58:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, me again!! Sorry I am asking two very different questions in one post but these niggles keep popping up in my already crammed head?!!?

I have just finished my SOA on line and am about to submit it. I have completed it as of today, i.e. from this address (my mortgaged house) and all my bills as they stand now. (Moving into rented on 20/21st of this month. I have booked my court date for 7th April. My creditors' amount won't have changed drastically by then other than the one default payment. Will this be ok to submit the form now, as they keep it on their database, and just update them on my living arrangements on the 7th?
I just feel awkward about putting address details of my rented property when I will have only moved in there just over two weeks prior to BR? I think I am just fretting that I will have the rug pulled from under me once I have moved in to the rented property and dont know whether I should just tell the Letting Agency what my intentions are. I know I will never miss a rental payment (I never missed mortgage payment in 13 years) but will they see it that way. I know it has been said on this site that although the OR tells the landlord it does not mean they will turf you out but I am so torn between being upfront or waiting to see???? Lots of people always say that I am too honest for my own good and that I even tell people things I don't need to so I just want to check that my Landlord/Letting Agency would not see it negatively if I "wait and see"???

Edited by - frosie90 on 10 March 2009 20:00:02

pix1
Average Member

689 Posts

Posted - 10 March 2009 :  20:51:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really I should check your tenancy agreement to see what it says about bankruptcy. If there is nothing then go ahead and move in. As long as you keep paying the rent you should be fine. There might be a problem if you need to move in the future to another rented place as then any credit reference search will show the bankruptcy. Keeping up payments on the one you are in will stand you in good stead. Be honest of course but you don't have to be a saint.
Go to Top of Page

frosie90

285 Posts

Posted - 10 March 2009 :  21:26:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Pix1. I haven't seen the tenancy agreement yet as I am still in my own home. I am picking up the keys and signing etc. on 20th. If I see anything then on the contract that might be a good time to say .... "Can I have a word?? ..." as I have only just stopped my DD for my mortgage in my own home so in the eyes of my mortgage provider I have not yet defaulted so will have couple of months grace, presumably, before I have to vacate? All very complicated because I have always kept uptodate with my mortgage but because of other debts and the negative equity in my house I feel it best to vacate and also the fixed rate is renewable in 3 years time and won't have a cat in hells chance of getting a further mortgage for this property so effectively I am only "renting" this place at a much higher price than real rent. Hope this makes sense?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page