Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 I've just received backpay of £160 extra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

xmas baby
Average Member

537 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2009 :  10:49:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just received backpay of £160 extra in my pay this month, this backpay relates to the period December 08 to March 09. I am not sure what my new monthly pay will be from now, but it would be something around the £40 per month extra. What I would like to know is, do I have to tell my OR about this backpay and if so, will they take 70% of it. Obviously I will tell her about my new take home pay, but as the backpay amount wasn't an enormous amount, do I need to declare this too? By the way, my bankruptcy was made on 6th March 2009, if that has any bearing on it.

Thanks

xmas baby

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2009 :  15:39:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

yes I'm afraid you should inform the OR of the back payment.

John White
England Jackman & Spacey
Go to Top of Page

xmas baby
Average Member

537 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2009 :  15:53:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh great! Do you think they will take 70% of the £160 though, even if the backpay period was prior to my bankruptcy? It's not even as though its a large amount of money and it would be nice to be able to keep most of it.

xmas baby
Go to Top of Page

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2009 :  15:59:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

sorry but if I knew the answer to that one I'd pick the Grand National winner at the same time (it's Saturday). (And the lottery numbers too hahaa!).

All you can do is meet your responsibility and report it. They can claim 100%, they may claim 70%, they may say not to worry. It's the examiner's discretionary choice.

John White
England Jackman & Spacey
Go to Top of Page

xmas baby
Average Member

537 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2009 :  16:12:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
100%? I though at worst it would be classed as DI and therefore the max they could claim would be 70% of it. I wish it had only been £90 now.

xmas baby
Go to Top of Page

xmas baby
Average Member

537 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2009 :  13:43:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I just spoke with my OR and she said I could keep the backpay money as it wasn't really a bonus payment or a large amount....Hooray!! I also asked her about my IPO payments and whether they would start in April now. She said it wouldn't go through until May now as I haven't heard or signed anything from Moonbeever yet, so that another 'perk'. She also said that its up to you and moonbeevers when you begin to pay back the 36 payments of the IPO, it could be a few months down the line if you want. I will be happy to start in May though, rather than delaying it any more. I just didn't want to spend the money this month as I wasn't sure whether it would be taken or not.

I'm having a fortnight holiday (well visiting my sister in Wales) after the past few months, I really feel I deserve a break, so it will be nice to have a little bit more spending money in my pocket. Yippee!!

xmas baby
Go to Top of Page

alisone
Starting Member

40 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2009 :  22:17:17  Show Profile  Visit alisone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent news! Gives us all hope!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page