Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 OR telephone interview booked
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shazzles

79 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2009 :  17:13:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok now im nervous. Got call today from OR and my telephone interview is now booked for Thursday 14th May at 10.00am
He told me all I need to have in front of me is my SOA is this normal>?? I thought it went into much more depth than this!
I also have to let them know that my wages i put on my forms was only my contracual pay but i have been getting overtime thrown at me IE: my contract is 12 hours but generaly i have been working 20hrs a week. But my contract is for 12 hours so it could down to 12 at any one time.
Hows the best way to tell him this? I am an absolute bag of nerves as it is. Also I got my first pay packet and i didnt pay any tax at all although I do have a tax code on there which is 647L, and I thought that when you go bankrupt you get a nero tax code?? please help im so confused!! as i have no idea what to tell him about how much taxt I pay as i didnt put it on the forms!

Edited by - shazzles on 08 May 2009 17:20:33

shazzles

79 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2009 :  22:44:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bump*
Go to Top of Page

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2009 :  07:28:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The best way to tell him about your hours is to be honest. Explain that you have a contract for 12 hours work each week but at the moment there is a lot of work so you have been doing 20 hours.

Have you been asked to send your wage slips, etc. to the OR before the interview? Don't worry if you haven't as each case is different. It may be that your case is very straightforward and the OR has all of the information he needs on the 6.28 form so it is just a case of going through the SOA.

I haven't had my interview yet but from other posts they can vary in length between about 15 and 90 minutes depending upon the case and the information the OR requires.

Once you have gone through the I&E the OR will decide whether you will need to pay an IPA. If you do then it will be at this point that the OR will inform HMRC that you need a NT tax code and HMRC will send an updated tax code to your HR department.

Try not to get too stressed as the OR interview is the last step in the process and then you can get on with the rest of your life.
Go to Top of Page

shazzles

79 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2009 :  08:44:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
Thankyou for replying
I havent been asked to send in payslips yet, well I only have one from current job anyways but i do have all my payslips from my previous job.
Go to Top of Page

mick1972a

235 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2009 :  13:47:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try to relax shazzles and just think what life will be like after the interview. We went BR on the 29th May and have not heard anyting yet. I am sure it will go fine.

Mick
Go to Top of Page

ripski

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2009 :  15:55:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shazzles ,chill. I know that is easier said than done Everyone advised me on this site but I was also a nervous wreck in the lead up
Had my OR last week. Very non judgemental began by explaining that she would go through S o A with me and try to identify how it had happened etc., and see if any assets Car ( not worth much anyway )was left out as it is essential for work. They are all slightly different and mine lasted about 40 minute. I had sent payslips, 2 and not the 3 asked for and 6 mths bank satenet and not 12 before hand but they hadn't received them at point of intevview. She told me not to worry and she'd get back to me if necessary. Very pleasant and professional woman You will be so relieved after.I feelthat I can "get a life"

ripski1
Go to Top of Page

shazzles

79 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2009 :  21:49:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thankyou all for your kind replies :) I will try my best to chill. Ive got the next two days off work so i intend to go out and try and forget all about it as much as possible! :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page