Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 An update on the coop visa debit for Cashminder
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 20 June 2009 :  14:01:00  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi

Well I spoke to Coop and the reaally nice lady said that their system is showing that I have visa Electron and the 4508875 IS an electron identifier, she apologised and said that this has never happened befure with a visa debit card being printed with an electron number she is going to speak to card services on Monday and ring me back, she said that either the 4508 will get changed to Debit or the card will get reissued as 4988 which is Debit.

She also explained the cashminder 3 strikes system and said that if I have a problem with a direct debit ring them up and they can cancel and then reinstate it later.

Im starting to get really impressed with Coop again, Ive moved my 4 direct debits over to them, just need to blag think for this month.

Will keep you posted when I hear back on Monday.

Stu J Byron

trish37

170 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2009 :  19:44:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Stu,

Have you got any more news on this?

I am waiting for my "Visa Debit" and am curious as to if it is actually on or a dressed up Electron Card

Trish
BR 30/03/2009
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2009 :  20:01:18  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi

its a dressed up visa Electron, coop are insistent that the number is the same but is actualy a debit card and its the merchants fault, - doubt that, so yes its a dressed up visa electron card, I dont think coop are as ethical or customer led as they lead us to believe

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

trish37

170 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2009 :  21:34:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Trish
BR 30/03/2009
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2009 :  21:52:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't see how you can say the Co-op isn't ethical when they are the only bank who regularly open accounts for bankrupts and offer a debit card (I don't care if it's debit or Electron). If more of the banks followed their lead then one of the problems of BR would be solved.

To be honest even if I hadn't been bankrupt I would stick with the Co-op due to their ethical policies as I quite like the idea that my money isn't being invested in some dodgy overseas regime.

Regarding the debit card, they are saying there is an error with yours - maybe we should wait until more people get them before deciding whether it's an error with one account or a flaw in the system.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

23 IPA payments made, 13 to go - on the home straight!

Edited by - Skippy on 22 June 2009 21:53:37
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2009 :  22:06:06  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi Skippy

reading other forums I think its an error from them, or maybe them trying to con the customer:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=22669667

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2009 :  22:09:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to say that most of the people on various forums who have posted about the Co-op bank have nothing but praise for them. I am seriously considering changing.

If you are really not happy with them, why don't you just stick to Thinkbanking which is clearly the best option for you.

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2009 :  22:12:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that Stu. I will still stick with the Co-op as I do like their ethical policy, and I can't help thinking that most places will soon accept all debit cards once systems are updated. I've used my Electron in a lot of places that don't say they accept it without any problems.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

23 IPA payments made, 13 to go - on the home straight!
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2009 :  22:30:03  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jan and Skippy, its amazing how different people have different views of a bank, some praise Coop some dont, same with Thinkbanking.

At the moment I will stay with Thinkbanking but once discharged im going to try Lloyds.

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Angie

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2009 :  16:35:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have nothing but Praise for the CO-OP Bank they took me in when no one else wanted to know and their staff are always so friendly too. I intend to stay with them always now.
Go to Top of Page

leakie

United Kingdom
158 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2009 :  17:24:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all
I am with the co-op at the moment, I have found them helpfull
As Angie, has said, they took us in when no-one else was prepared too.
I also have a joint account with my wife( only me went BR) with LloydsTSB.
I thought that it would be closed down, but they let us keep it open as long as we sent the cheque book back.
We did not have an Overdraft at the time and a small amount of credit.
I don't know if tthis will help anyone who are about to become BR or not.

All the best

Leakie
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2009 :  19:09:04  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi

Does aanyones elses internet banking with coop take 5 to 7 days to update itself with card transactions.

And has anyone got their new dressed up visa electron/debit card - is it 4508

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

leakie

United Kingdom
158 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2009 :  21:07:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Stu
I must admit I have not tried the internet banking yet,
But on the other side have had no probs

all the best

leakie
Go to Top of Page

mick1972a

235 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2009 :  21:36:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My internet banking takes a couple of days to update things that I have used my debit card for but the cashpoint is always update.

Mick
Go to Top of Page

nicky35
Starting Member

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2009 :  22:10:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening all, We too have noticed co-op takes a few days to update, but other than that we have nothing but praise for the bank, would recommend the co-op to anyone, they haven't made us feel awkward about our situation at all unlike the Halifax, whom have taken it upon themselves to treat us like something they've stepped in and wiped us off their shoe!! if my darn numbers came up on the lottery i'd never bank with Halifax again!! (yep ya got it not too keen on halifax) But had no problems with the cashminder account as of yet!! fingers crossed
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle83

258 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2009 :  22:30:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, internet banking takes ages to update, but I keep all my receipts and write down everything I've spent, and whats gone in, so I always know exactly what I have left. I think this is part and parcel of having a fresh start, I've become more money cautious

Weeks of BR

****5****10****15****20****25*
***30****35****40****45****50**
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page