Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 I actually feel like suicide is an option
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

helen_w5

79 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  21:11:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jan - you are right i wouldnt be able to support myself, but i could find work with another employer couldnt i? Then i would either get a real tax code (i beleive that the change of employment would mean a normal tax code) Its so hard - BooooooooooHoooooooooo
Go to Top of Page

helen_w5

79 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  21:13:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rosie - thank you for your words of support - i just wish one of you people lived near me so that i could hang out with you rather than my solvent friends - who im sure are not solvent at all but nooone knows do they lol

i dont want to leave my job - i love it, but im just so deeply ashamed plus my work people (all 4 of them) know my parent well - eek!
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  21:15:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe that you would get a normal tax code if you changed employment, and you can change jobs.

Are you happy where you are working? If so, is it worth giving that up for something you might hate?

BR is not a stigma these days, you can explain away a nil tax code and I doubt anyone will check the Insolvency Register - most people don't even know it exists.

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  21:16:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To be honest I think leaving a job that you enjoy just to avoid an NT code is a bit extreme. As we've said if anyone asks tell them that HMRC has adjusted your tax code due to a discrepancy in your payments.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

25 IPA payments made, 11 to go - on the home straight!
Go to Top of Page

helen_w5

79 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  21:21:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Skippy and Jan i know you are both right. God i wish i was strong like you......

I do enjoy my job and im so lucky cos its good hourly rate and so flexible which allows uni to fit in easily plus ive been there for three years and am comfortable.

hmmmmmph
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  21:26:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stay where you are then. You can explain things away and once you have had the OR interview you can put it all behind you.

With the help of the forum you can get through this.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

frosie90

285 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  21:27:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Helen, Like Jan said. Is it worth giving up job you like? I know "liking a job" is just acceptance that we have to work to live. Not live to work!!! I am in the West Midland by the way don't know if that near you? I am more than happy for Skippy to sway our email numbers if you happy. Best wishes. Rosie
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  21:27:49  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wait for the OR interview and then you know whether an IPA or an NTIPA will apply

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  21:31:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think Skippy is able to swap email addresses. You will have to contact admin for that.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

helen_w5

79 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  21:31:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jan thankyou again

Rosie im more than happy for skippy to do that yes. I am in Berkshire so not close close but not too far away. I like the west midlands - i have lived in Gloucester and Worcester :) - where in the midlands are you?
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  21:33:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frosie, I'm sorry, I can't see people's email addresses otherwise I would willingly do it.

Helen, I'm not particularly strong. When I went BR I felt like a failure, but I had other things to worry about at the time - my uncle had terminal cancer and died the month before I went BR. It made me realise that BR wasn't the end of the world - I had my health.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

Go to Top of Page

helen_w5

79 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  21:34:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks sjbyron - are you saying that the NTIPA is not always done? Considering my income would never be more than 500 per month maybe it wont be worth it? whoop whoop
Go to Top of Page

helen_w5

79 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  21:36:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Skippy im so sorry for your loss - makes me feel terrible for whining on now about all this BK stuff - again im truly sorry. Well done for picking yourself up and moving on with you life
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  21:38:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Helen. I wasn't trying to make you feel bad honest! My uncle lived life to the full and it made me realise that I had to do what was best for me.

You won't know about the IPA and Nil Tax IPA until after you've spoken to the OR. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry about that - once it's out of the way you know where you are and you can really move on x

Go to Top of Page

helen_w5

79 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  21:44:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Skippy its really making me smile thinking that the NT IPA is not compulsory and may not be necessary in my case - fingers crossed

Also my OR office confirmed that they do not publish BK anymore so thats positive
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page