Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 if someone asks for proof of discharge / certifica
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  15:01:13  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi

I have applied for a basic account with Halifax, they have wrote to me and said they would be happy to open the account when they see the certificate of discharge.

All I have is a letter from the OR and the print out fro the insolvency site, would that be enough?

Thanks

Stu J Byron

Suzanne
Average Member

United Kingdom
869 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  16:35:50  Show Profile  Visit Suzanne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That should be good enough. If not you will have to pay the court fee (around £60) to get a certificate of discharge.

Suzanne Stocker
Bankruptcy Manager
Jones Giles Ltd
www.jonesgiles.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  16:37:20  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Suzanne

Whats the difference between the certificate of discharge and the letter sent from the OR which is court stamped

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Suzanne
Average Member

United Kingdom
869 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  16:43:19  Show Profile  Visit Suzanne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What does the letter from the OR say? Is it your confirmation of early discharge?

Suzanne Stocker
Bankruptcy Manager
Jones Giles Ltd
www.jonesgiles.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  16:45:19  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yep it state that the or has concluded and any further investigation into my estate is unnecessary

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Suzanne
Average Member

United Kingdom
869 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  16:47:30  Show Profile  Visit Suzanne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That sounds as good as a certificate of discharge to me.

Suzanne Stocker
Bankruptcy Manager
Jones Giles Ltd
www.jonesgiles.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  16:51:01  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thank you

Is Halifax a good bank to go back to

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  16:54:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unless Halifax have improved I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole! Their customer service was appalling.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

25 IPA payments made, 11 to go - on the home straight!
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  17:21:17  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I never found them too bad however I never spoke to them on the phone

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  17:41:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never been impressed with them either. Had no end of trouble with them myself.

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  18:00:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought you were going to Lloyds or sticking with Think Stu?

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

Edited by - Skippy on 04 August 2009 18:02:09
Go to Top of Page

Angie

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  18:20:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Halifax ... run for your life someone I know has been having a terrible time with them.

I LOVE the CO-OPERATIVE BANK they took me in when no one else wanted me. I cannot praise them enough. The VISA card is great for paying on-line bills and even cheap clothes on ebay too. What more can I ask for. Well done to the CO-OPERATIVE BANK.
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  18:27:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Angie. The Cashminder does everything I want it to do and the Co-op's customer service is excellent. I've got a full Nationwide account from pre BR but I prefer to use the Co-op account.

Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  18:51:19  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi Skippy

Im currently with Think, Coop have took Direct Debits off me as I had a bounced visa card payment which went through when their wasnt enough money in my account.

Lloyds have asked for a credit report from equifax and the letter of discharge ive just printed my equifaxx report so debts are still default but the majority are settled now and euifax them selves have me as discharged bankrupt so am going to try lloyds again tomorrow otherwise its Think.

Ive sent a print out from the insolvency website to the Halifax so lets see if they give me an account.

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  18:58:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like Nationwide - never had a problem with them at all and their customer service and online banking is very good.

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2009 :  19:06:23  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Agree with you there Jan, and I would bank with them but they refuse to put the loan and card I had with them as settled and they still show up online banking so dont really trust them

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page