Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Nil Tax code
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hallway123

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2009 :  10:57:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been bankrupt for 14 weeks now, still not heard anything about nil tax code, phoned or 2 weeks ago to tell them about drop in income,my case worker wasn't in and the prerson I spoke to said there's nothing on computer about me getting one.She also said they would speak to my case worker and if needed would send me a new i + e form, as I'v not yet received ne I can only presume don't need to fill one in.I was told at interview I would not get ipa, does everyone not get nil tax code ,I only pay about £110 tax a month, might this be the reason.I just can't relax keep expecting them to change their minds and give me ipa,roll on 18 May next year when I get automatic discharge,not sure I can stand stress for another 8 months.

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2009 :  11:46:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When deciding whether to implement a NT Tax Code or not the OR takes the following into account:

- the amount of tax the bankrupt pays each month;

- the cost of making the application, such as the court fee, and the potential benefit to the estate.

It may well be that the amount of tax you pay isn't worth the cost of making the application. At £110 per month you would probably only pay 9 months as it wouldn't have been implemented until at least July so this would work out at £990.

Hopefully without an IPA or a NT Tax Code you may be eligible for ED soon.

Edited by - gettingoutofdebt on 05 September 2009 11:49:26
Go to Top of Page

Hallway123

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2009 :  12:27:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lets hope so gettinoutof debt, don't get me wrong going br was definatley the right chose for me after struggling for 2 years in iva,but I'm just a natural born worrier and can't beleive that things will keep on going ok for me (they never have done yet).
Go to Top of Page

m88

159 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2009 :  06:57:59  Show Profile  Visit m88's Homepage  Reply with Quote
got a letter saying the OR MAY introduce a NT tax code for £120 a month, by the time its implemented will only have about 9 months left on BR ,i received a IPA agreement to sign ,does this mean its going to happen -cheers

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page