Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Letter from creditor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2009 :  13:36:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

After months of no contact from creditors, save for the odd letter, I received a letter from Egg topday saying:

"We have been notified that you have been made bankrupt/sequestrated.

..... We will now deal with the court appointed officials regarding your account, although we reserve the right to contact you regarding this matter should we require any further information...

....We will be seeking payment from you for the full amount that you owe us under this agreement as at the date of your bankruptcy and we will be negotiationg with the official receiver for payment of this sum"

I am flabergasted and furious - they have had the standard letters from the OR stating that there is nothing in the estate...

I am stressed should I reply or let the OR have a copy and let them respond?

Thanks, Richard

"There are no problems - only solutions..."

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2009 :  13:39:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let the OR have a copy.

They can't do anything to you at all and I presume that if you have an IPA they will get a proportion of this.

Don't you just want to bang someones head against a wall when this happens!

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2009 :  13:43:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jan

Thanks and yes I want to hit someone at the moment.

I am seeing the OR on Wednesday and will let the examiner have a copy so that he may feel he needs to reply. Why do they do this we are trying to keep above the water and have sacrificed as much as we can - it has just added a layer of stress and my wife (who is not BR, but is supporting me and dealing with her own finances the best she can)- I am sure these people would have been good recruits for the Hitler Youth!!

Thanks jan and all who give support here - its a great forum. Regards, Richard

Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2009 :  15:53:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once you are BR, you shouldn't have to keep your head above water. Your debts are written off and you just need to be a bit frugal for three years.

Unless the debt is a joint one, then you have no worries.

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2009 :  17:00:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jane

We are getting there - slowly - No IPA or anything.

No that is true - am on benefits at present - it is difficult - but we keep smiling - thank God for grandchildren to make you smile!!

regards, Richard

Go to Top of Page

charlie44

231 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2009 :  17:11:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try to keep smilimg Richard, easier said than done I know, but your posts on here are valued and really helpful, so hope everything goes OK for you,

John
Go to Top of Page

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2009 :  17:42:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks John

It is good to be able to share things and to give advice too at times from the good old days!!!

This has been a bad week (but they happen) - going to do a car boot sale tomorrow to sell my soul!

We are taking our 8 year old granddaughter away at the end of next week for 4 days - need every penny - b;ess her she does not really understand when she sees our garage full of office furniture and no "shop" anymore - just told her nan and granddad are poor now - she smiles at that! (Oh to be a child again!)

Cheers and thanks for support - hope things are good for you and yours at present, Richard

Go to Top of Page

qznhln1

68 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2009 :  18:13:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just thought I would add that I've got Natwest's attack dogs "Triton" chasing for a Zero balance following my BR...

Just waiting for them to start adding costs and threatening visits!

Aside from the OR is there anyone we can report this lot to? Say the FSA or similar?
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2009 :  19:11:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps the financial ombudsman
Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2009 :  19:56:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Housing (et all)

new to this info sharing site so do not have exact info to hand but what a site. keep your comments flowing def keeping me sane !

I like most of the subscribers are on the edge and mind spinning with all of the calls letter and threats

My wife (hopefully not Ex) already gone BR me closely 2 follow.

I have read and printed off an Office of fair trading report in relation to the conduct of these blood houds, it gives clear guidelines what they can and cannot do, i cannot lay my hands on the report at the mo.

But after reading it i quoted one of the subsections to one of the blood hounds, he has not phoned me since but referred the debt back to the original company, who regrettably have found another set of hounds.. small victory that caused a temporary smile !

Richard have fun with the grandchildren

if any one finds the oft link can they post it

regards Richard
Go to Top of Page

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2009 :  20:25:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Richard

Hi and welcome - I have seen some of your posts - welcome and yes, this is a great site - I found it by accident one day in July.

Thanks for your post - I will enjoy the grandchildren - we have two and a third due Christmas!! (Grandchild that is not our own!!)

They keep us sane - They are so innocent and so loving - we are only taking the granddaughter (aged 8) for 4 days in West Sussex - we live in Devon so at least it will be a change of scenary

I will have a look on the OFT web site a bit later, Richard

Go to Top of Page

frosie90

285 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2009 :  21:12:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Richard,
Try not to worry. They try everything. I had representative from MBNA saying awful things. Far beyond their remit I am sure. Things will honestly get better for you. It sounds like you don't have an IPA so you are completely debt free now. No-one from the past can or should hound you. Just refer any communication to your OR. Enjoy your life and the children. Stay strong.
Rosie
Go to Top of Page

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2009 :  21:22:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Rosie

No I do not have an IPA/IPO as we are on benefit at the moment - advantages and disavantages, I guess.

I really appreciate your kind words - It seems that on this Forum we have a new set of friends - the chances of us meeting up is probably so remote, which is a shame - my friends from my previous life have almost all gone!! (I am sure that is true of many of us?)

Hope things are good with you and yours too , Richard x

Go to Top of Page

qznhln1

68 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2009 :  23:06:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Richard,

Should also mention that I had the same letter from Egg back in August. I just forwarded it on to the OR and it was the last I heard of it.

I also had similar grief from MBNA but again just ignore it.

If you do find out anything from the OFT I would be really interested as I feel as a forum we could really get together and start causing these Sharks some problems. Let's face we own most of these banks now (HBOS have been the most despicable in my experience with up to 15 calls day and night) and they are aren't the most popular members of society!

The biggest issues I've got at present are with Council Tax and the HMRC on business debts - with this lot you really are just banging your head against a brick wall! Trouble is who is the Ombundsman for these Government departments?
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2009 :  23:16:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think for council tax it would be the local government ombundsman
Go to Top of Page

jb6
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2009 :  23:53:05  Show Profile  Visit jb6's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am due in court on 10th November to petition my bankruptcy. I have nine creditors and I have to agree Egg have been a nightmare - 4 call a day and lots of letter saying I have not been in touch etc etc When I call and say can you read me the note on my file -where it is noted whats happening. Now I have advise them I am going to put a complaint in for harrisment now they seem to have got the message.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page