Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Can you answer these 2 questions for me please?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dez

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 25 October 2009 :  16:19:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

1. My wife and I took out a secured loan on my house and then we lost the house through repossession. The mortgage was in my name only meaning the house was all mine, but picture made us put both of our names on the form and on Tuesday I have a B/R meeting would the O/R write all this debt off or will my wife still be liable for it. My wife has no income?

2. If I get the chance to work overtime after I go B/R what will the O/R take of this?

3. My B/R meeting his on Tuesday when would I have to go and see the O/R? And do I see him in person?

I hope you will be able to help me out.

Many thanks
Derek

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 25 October 2009 :  17:24:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. I'm not 100% sure, but I think if the loan was in joint names your wife would be liable for the full amount.

2. It depends if it's regular overtime or not. If you are earning a regular amount each month as overtime the OR will most likely take a percentage, but if you only get overtime now and then they may not be interested.

3. Once you have been made BR you will get a phone call from the OR to arrange a meeting. Unless you have a business it's normally a phone interview, but some people are called for a face to face interview.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

27 IPA payments made, 9 to go - in single figures!
Go to Top of Page

Dez

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 25 October 2009 :  18:02:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your reply getting really nervous and worried about Tuesday now
Go to Top of Page

In 2 Deep

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 25 October 2009 :  21:38:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dez and welcome.

Picture Finance - now Target Loan Servicing will pursue your wife vigorously, as your wife will become liable for all joint accounts once you are declared BR.
They will take action to repossess your property as they have a 2nd charge, which will then become you wife's debt once you are declared BR.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

quote:
Originally posted by Dez

1. My wife and I took out a secured loan on my house and then we lost the house through repossession. The mortgage was in my name only meaning the house was all mine, but picture made us put both of our names on the form and on Tuesday I have a B/R meeting would the O/R write all this debt off or will my wife still be liable for it. My wife has no income?

2. If I get the chance to work overtime after I go B/R what will the O/R take of this?

3. My B/R meeting his on Tuesday when would I have to go and see the O/R? And do I see him in person?

I hope you will be able to help me out.

Many thanks
Derek

Treat EVERY Penny as a prisoner.
Go to Top of Page

Dez

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 26 October 2009 :  03:22:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
Thanks in 2 deep I lost my house about 18 months ago we live in rented house and with my wife having no income what can picture do? My wife is a little worried now.
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 26 October 2009 :  06:47:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm afraid they will come after her for the whole amount even though it will come under your BR. You are both liable for the entire loan.

Your wife could go bankrupt as well, then it would be totally written off. Otherwise she would have to make an offer of repayment, which she obviously can't do if she isn't working.

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

In 2 Deep

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 26 October 2009 :  09:47:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dez,

As Kallis states, your wife would have to make a gesture of payment. Seeing as she is unemployed, and you are in rented accommodation I would seriously consider BR in your wifes siutation. Please consult one of the forum experts like Melanie who posts on this site, before your wife makes the next move.

Gd Luck.
quote:
Originally posted by Dez

Hi
Thanks in 2 deep I lost my house about 18 months ago we live in rented house and with my wife having no income what can picture do? My wife is a little worried now.

Treat EVERY Penny as a prisoner.
Go to Top of Page

madwithworry
Starting Member

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 26 October 2009 :  16:52:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I went bankrupt today because my husband was declaring himself bankrupt. I was told that I would become entirely liable for all our joint debts. As I too have no income I had no choice but to follow him into bankruptcy. Katie (to find out how it went see my earlier post)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page