Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 10/11/ 2009 - My experince in Court
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jb6
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 10 November 2009 :  16:16:24  Show Profile  Visit jb6's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well its done

Just thought I'd share my experience. Nothing to be afraid of, just a bit boring and a little apprehension due to the fact of the unknown...I was nervous as I have not been in a court in my life.......

Went bankrupt this afternoon at my local court. Had to wait 7 weeks so couldn't wait to get it done as one of my creditors is ringing and texting me round the clock.

Well the court part was not bad at all...

Got to the court went over my form signed and dated them and then I swore on the bible after paying my fee. Then was told to come back at 2pm to have a hearing with the Magistrate. So when for a walk and tried to have some lunch but my stomach was still in knots.

2pm came went back to the Court and then about ten minutes later I was called in to the "CLOSED COURT" (no people apart from the magistrate presiding) by the court Usher.

The Magistrate asked me if I'd had advice, told him I had, and then he said "I'll put through the bankruptcy" - he then just advised me that I had to cooperate with the Official Receiver or the bankruptcy could be extended by a "BRO" and also not to obtain any creditor above £500 - I replied by saying my days of credit are over. I now have to wait for my call within the next 24 hours from the official receiver. This is the part I am not looking forward to.

Anyhow went easier than I thought, as I was expecting the Magistrate to make me explain myself at least to some degree, guess I will have to do this to the OR.

Looking forward to telling my one Particular Creditor Not to ring me again and now call the OR - Guess I will have to plug the phone back in now as I have to answer any call now in case it's the receiver.

Just have to see what the OR has planned for me and if the OR will let me keep my car and homes - I will let you know how I get on.

- Never will I get in debt again in my life its not worth all the stress anguish and misery.

I will let the Forum know how I get on with the OFFICIAL RECEIVER

hard up
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 10 November 2009 :  17:49:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi jb6, Thank you for sharing your experience, it is really helpfull for people like me waiting to go through it all. Please let me know how the call with the OR goes. Good luck and Good luck with your debt free future.
Go to Top of Page

charlie44

231 Posts

Posted - 10 November 2009 :  18:18:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad it went OK, thanks for sharing your "day in court" much appreciated.

Life`s Tragedy is that we get old too soon
and WISE too late!
Go to Top of Page

In 2 Deep

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 10 November 2009 :  19:52:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done JB. Lets hear how you get on with the OR.

Gd Luck.

Treat EVERY Penny as a prisoner.
Go to Top of Page

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 10 November 2009 :  21:07:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad it went better than you thought - I think we all tried to re-assure, but every situation is different...

You have the appointment with the OR now - focus on that in a positve way - just as the judge was today - I am sure the OR will be fine too.

They are there for the interests of our creditors, but if you are co0perative and stay that way, they well be fair to you - again, many of us have said that too.

Wish you well, Richard

"There are no problems - only solutions..."
Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 10 November 2009 :  21:45:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi JB6

congratulations !

which court did you go to ?

as some courts you do not even see the Magistrate.

good luck with the OR

regards Richard
Go to Top of Page

jb6
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2009 :  11:14:09  Show Profile  Visit jb6's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was at Oxford County Court

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page