Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 the start of filing for bankruptcy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bloomer69
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 23 December 2009 :  16:55:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife & I are at the start of filing for bankruptcy and would like some practical help completing the forms. We are unsure what to put down as our expenses and what we are able to claim for that will not get included as part of the DI? Please help.

mick1972a

235 Posts

Posted - 23 December 2009 :  17:10:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bloomer and welcome to the forum. It is best to put down what you really spend but do some reading into the things that are allowed you may be suprised [i was]

Her is a link that the OR uses for allowable expences that may be of some help.

Good luck with everything and just keep asking questions

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/DocumentLibrary/Policy/Excel/Household%20Expenditur.xls

mick
Go to Top of Page

Bloomer69
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 23 December 2009 :  17:56:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mick,

Thanks for the reply & the link to the chart. I am unable to connect to the technical manual which i was hoping would give me some guidance on limits im allowed eg childcare costs, school dinners, holidays etc.

We have the forms to comnplete the bankruptcy but have not even attempted to complete as they look very complicated.
There seems to be many companies out there who will do this for you but will charge huge amounts for their service... taking advantage of the vulnerable!! Any ideas on who's the best when it comes to advice?

I really want to get this right as its been a very tough decision for my wife and I to take this step, but at the same time we are very scared that we'll be living on the bread line for the next 3 years, so wanted to get as much as we are entitled to before sending in the forms.

regards

Wayne
Go to Top of Page

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 23 December 2009 :  19:24:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Bloomer69,

Welcome to this forum and hope that you can get some assitance with preparing for bankruptcy.

There are firms as you say and they do charge. I am not going to name any firms as I did not use any, but, what I wholly endorse is the insolvency firms that support this forum and you will find them on the site. There are also other experts who post here too.

The forms do look daunting. However, the whole bankruptcy process is designed to do yourself and, with some assistance from this forum, I suspect you will be able to do that and save your money.

I do not mean that in any way to be disrespectable to some of the firms out there, but some of the firms are certainly capitalising on the state of the recession.

Unless you have a very complex set of circumstances, I am sure you will be fine with a little help from your friends (that`s us by the way!)

Banruptcy is a big step and only do it if you have sought advice (again that is available her for you).

If you have any questions about property related matters, I may be able to assist - i.e. renting or mortgage issues and preventing where possible, a repossession of your home.

There are far too many unnecessary repossessions and it breaks my heart that for the sake of good advice, it can be avoided (not always though I have to say it depends on your situation)

I wish youi well and copme back with any questions, regards to you and yours, Richard

"There are no problems - only solutions..."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page