Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 I forgot about a bankruptcy order against me.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Markdd58
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2015 :  18:22:05  Show Profile  Visit Markdd58's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I received a bankruptcy order against me, I forgot about the date set if I missed a payment & subsequently missed the payment, on a previous occasion I received a call from the creditor. my debts were manageable but now have to be paid in full. On the day after the petition (but before I received a call) I used large sum of money & then took the rest out of my bank to make payments, that money has gone now due to me having to suspend business activities. What will the OR do?

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2015 :  20:10:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome,

I suggest you speak to the OR as soon as possible. You should not have used the money once you had been bankrupt.

You may well have been given a BR restriction which could last for a good few years.

Speak to them.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2015 :  06:09:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

did you make payments to the creditor the day after your bankruptcy? If you did, just explain this to the OR.

What did you use the large sum of money for?

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

Markdd58
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2015 :  10:55:17  Show Profile  Visit Markdd58's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Due to the CCJ my tenancy agreement states I pay 4 months rent in advance this took up a sum, I am also a builder & without materials in cannot work so I paid for these. I also needed to finish furnishing my house.

Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2015 :  14:03:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, have you had your OR meeting yet? You just need to explain exactly what you've done. As Niobe has said, you may get a bankruptcy restriction order.

Make sure you have all the receipts for everything you've spent.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2015 :  14:08:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As Viki says - have you had your meeting? When was your court hearing?

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page

Markdd58
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2015 :  14:11:47  Show Profile  Visit Markdd58's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's not a problem, I was far from insolvent & was in the process of having the CCJ overturned, I just missed a payment.........I now earn far less & do not have a bank account, some of the money has gone on cost of living in the few weeks since the bankruptcy, things that do not require receipts?

Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2015 :  14:27:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has the order actually been issued?

You did say you had furnished your house - you should have receipts for that and also building materials that you purchased.

Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2015 :  15:21:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every day expenses and household outgoings are fine, if you've been buying big purchases from money that would have been classed as an asset then you'll get a restriction order.

Have you spoken to the OR at all since the date of your bankruptcy order?

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
Go to Top of Page

Markdd58
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2015 :  15:42:49  Show Profile  Visit Markdd58's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had to miss my original meeting due to illness, it is next week now

Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2015 :  16:01:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take all receipts with you and proof that you needed to spend the money.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page