Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 housing
 BR and mortgage rescue scheme
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

csc73
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 02 January 2011 :  21:25:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband and I have been advised that BR is our best option in our current situation. We have been clients of CAB since May and have been paying our creditors £1 token payments and since August have been paying 50% of our mortgage. We started the mortgage rescue process on the advice of CAB but because we were not in enough arrears we were not eligable. This will change this month as we will be 3 months in arrears and our ML has already agreed that they will support our application.
So..........
The issue we have is that we have been unable to save for BR fees as money is very tight, and have been advised by CAB to wait until after MR is completed before declaring BR. (We are in negative equity so it is likely there will be a shortfall unless ML agrees to write it off). My thinking is that I stop paying the mortgage completely for the next couple of months and save the money for BR fees. The dilemma is whether to go BR before mortgage rescue or to wait until after MR. Either way, the only way we will be able to save the £1200 needed for BR is to not pay anything towards mortgage. Really confused

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 02 January 2011 :  22:35:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the CAB are right in advising to complete before the bankruptcy.

Have a read of the thread and you can see some of the difficuties you may encounter

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1930931&highlight=mortgage+rescue
Go to Top of Page

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2011 :  16:11:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, sorry I did not see this post earlier. I say the following to assist, I hope:

I have worked on a number of MR schemes. I simply suggest that you speak to the person co-ordinating the MR process for you and yes, complete before you go BR

Good luck, Housing

"There are no problems - only solutions"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page