•Bankruptcy Information Center
•What is Bankruptcy?
•Is Bankruptcy right for me?

•How to declare Bankruptcy?
•What happens to my assets?
•Bankruptcy and credit rating


•Bankruptcy News

Media Room:
•Press releases
•Media Coverage

•About BankruptcyHelp
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Forum Questions
 Hello,I need some help, I am currently filing for bankruptcy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2014 :  22:39:03  Show Profile  Visit Steve.j's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I need some help, I am currently filing for bankruptcy after trying many things and not being able to cope or make payments. It is myself my girlfriend and our 2 children, our income is made up solely of my wage and benefits Each month, we have a large deficit on our income vs expenditure.

On the form 6.28 question 8.2 it asks for details of rent and requires a copy of my tenancy agreement.

The issue I have is the property I live in, the tenancy is in my girlfriends name (her property before I moved in). And as we are a low income family we get some assistance from housing benefit, the remaining balance I pay via transferring money to girlfriend then she transfers to landlord.

My girlfriend has no tenancy agreement or rent book etc. All we have is bank records of the transfers and proof of payments from housing benefit etc etc.

In an ideal world we would ask the landlord for relevant information/rent book , but the landlord (bought property with girlfriend as sitting tenant then tried to evict her with no where else to go) has unsuccessfully tried to evict my girlfriend from the property in the past and as such is not helpful in the slightest and we fear that although we are currently up to date with all rent he would use this opportunity to try and make us leave again.

My questions are as follows:

How should I fill out this question on the form, without fraudulently claiming im on a tenancy that im not?

If I leave this section blank as I am not the tenant, can I still put in the form that I pay rent on this property?

The Housing benefits say that I am eligible for rent as I live there and our benefit allowance is worked out with my salary considered.
But I cant see how I am able to be truthful in answering this form and show honest outgoings.

Many thanks in advance for any guidance/assistance you can offer me.



forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2014 :  02:59:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Steve,

If you are not the tenant, then don't put the landlords details down.

You can put your girlfriends details down and explain at the end section exactly what you do payment wise, just as you've explained it in your post.

In the outgoings section, just put exactly what you pay.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page
Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06